Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Netherlands
What do you mean? It doesn't work at all or it does not detect your spotify players?

The Following User Says Thank You to wdehoog For This Useful Post:
Is there any working Spotify-clients for N900 at the moment?

The Following User Says Thank You to muto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
Originally Posted by muto View Post

That must be joke. N900 is dead phone with ancient hardware, nobody really would use it anymore. Or she/he must be completely jerk. Sailfish is way much better and newer than maemo 5. Almost everything is better in sailfish than maemo 5.

For now I should also add something good Picture for this But I'm lazy to do that.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Korkkiruuvi View Post
Originally Posted by muto View Post
That must be joke. N900 is dead phone with ancient hardware, nobody really would use it anymore. Or she/he must be completely jerk. Sailfish is way much better and newer than maemo 5. Almost everything is better in sailfish than maemo 5.

For now I should also add something good Picture for this But I'm lazy to do that.
No need to go on offensive and start calling people names, it only shows up your own ignorance.

If you looked a bit around on this forum you'd find out that there are lots of very fine and talented people using N900 and even older Maemo gear. N900 works still very well and plays music from spotify with no problems (or would play if the spotify people would stop changing the interface all the time)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
Well I'm only speaking facts; N900 is dead phone with old software, it cant' be serve people good as sailfish does. So it's time to laught for that subject

Last edited by Korkkiruuvi; 2018-10-20 at 19:20. Reason: I added one sentence

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
Well I'm only speaking facts; N900 is dead phone with old software, it cant' be serve people good as sailfish does. So time to go offensive you fools!
Please respect people in this great community.

The Following User Says Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Well I'm only speaking facts; N900 is dead phone with old software, it cant' be serve people good as sailfish does. So it's time to laught for that subject

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wdehoog View Post
What do you mean? It doesn't work at all or it does not detect your spotify players?
@wdehoog, is it possible to use librespot/hutspot in offline mode, e.g. playing music from the cache? If so, how to force tracks to the cache?

The Following User Says Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
@wdehoog, is it possible to use librespot/hutspot in offline mode, e.g. playing music from the cache? If so, how to force tracks to the cache?
Sorry that is not possible. The spotify web-api hutspot uses does not provide this functionality and I guess Librespot by itself doesn't either.

The Following User Says Thank You to wdehoog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wdehoog View Post
Sorry that is not possible. The spotify web-api hutspot uses does not provide this functionality and I guess Librespot by itself doesn't either.
Thanks so much for your swift reply.
The question was actually triggered by my observation that my spotify app installed via flatpak on my laptop acquired quite a significant cache of 2GB located in my case in
Code:
~/.var/app/com.spotify.Client/cache/spotify/Data
So maybe hutspot also caches a lot of data but it always needs internet and just maybe uses data from its cache?

The Following User Says Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:

Tags
meespot, qt5 wayland, sailfish, spotify, ubuntu touch