Active Topics

i got my device today and played around a little bit. overall good device and im starting to get use to it. my problem is that the vibration on the device when you touch the screen seems weak and little shaky. is it me or the device?

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
I believe it's supposed to be weak, but it's hard to tell with such term as weak. Gives a nice, delicate feedback for me.

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Can you explain "shaky" a bit further please?

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

hmm well i had the htc touch hd and the vibration response is pretty impressive compare to the n900. the n900 feels like its shaky and loose. and does anyone know when phone is in vibration mode, does the vibration vibrate pretty hard when receiving a call or a message?

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Can you explain "shaky" a bit further please?
like the vibration feels loose and not sturdy

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ South-West UK
Originally Posted by toshinden5 View Post
like the vibration feels loose and not sturdy
I was thinking the _exact_ same thing today!

I personally would guess it's because of the type of mechanics used to make the vibration...it feels like the N900 has a standard old-school method of a little motor with a tiny weight on it that spins to make the vibration, so therefore it's not particularly responsive. Whereas other new phones (like my girlfriend's Samsung Jet) seem to use another method. Whatever that method is, it seems a bot odd though, because the whole device seems to sort of resonate when you tap it- like there's a coiled spring inside... or is this just me?

I'm not sure which one I prefer either way!