i hat that its so hard to get in germany and that they closed a plant and now havent got enough production capacity.

on the device itselve i hate the rough edges some of the apps have. it feels like desktop linux: well programmed and not to shabby to look at but not as tought trough like windows (in terms of using it to be productive not because you want to spend time with it).

i also have a wish list:
usb host support
compas
could be larger (keyboard /screen)
php api (my python /c++ knowlege is very basic)
more than 1 sd card
snapdragon cpu (the 1ghz one)

and a free 3g traffice

only i want 1 thing:

adding hard reset method without using PC..phone must itself can do hard reset...cause for many reasons we need hard reset and for now we can only use PC...I hate this ...

hope to add on next update

Originally Posted by StormBlast View Post
I swear, a lot of ppl bought real N900 and they like it because they have no comparison with for example N810 ! The only thing that can really be liked in N900 is Maemo5. Hardware and design is a joke.
Sorry man but thats just not true - the N900 has a strong arm processor, 3d capabilities, incredible screen and insane storage!! Wonder what youre expecting from a mobile

Originally Posted by Jnolcox View Post
I would have liked the sleep slider to be on the side like the N97 mini
the headphone port on top instead of bottom (portrait orientation)
i wish it had a better battery
i wish it could accept USB peripherals (keyboard, mouse, HDD, etc)
Yeah i agree with the orientation of headphone port. the volume rocker is also on the upper part (when in portrait). That would have made volume control use easier when the n900 is in the pocket.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Hate is too strong of a word, but there are a couple of issues that make me wonder whether I'll keep my N900.

The foremost is the size, especially the thickness of it. I know, I have small hands, but I have been spoiled by the thin goodness of E71, which is still my main phone. My previous phone E70 was about the same thickness than N900 and back then I had no trouble with it. But now, after using E71 for a couple of years, N900 just feels bulky and unwieldy.

Second, I'm still missing a couple of my key applications.

* The horrible speakers
* The headphone jack is on the wrong place
* The horrible speakers
* The cord is tied to the wrong side
* The horrible speakers
* Some small tidbits from S60v3
* The horrible speakers

......Have I mentioned I don't like the speakers?

Originally Posted by Arif View Post
* The horrible speakers
* The headphone jack is on the wrong place
* The horrible speakers
* The cord is tied to the wrong side
* The horrible speakers
* Some small tidbits from S60v3
* The horrible speakers

......Have I mentioned I don't like the speakers?
Oh come on...u`ve listed so many things and havent listed the speakers?

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
ummmmm NOTHING!!

just some wishes - but thats just me..

threads like these. get over it. nothing is perfect. if you hate it sell it and buy something that does exactly what you want, perfectly, if you can find it. i appreciate some people are not totally satisfied with their purchase but everyone knew that this is a work in progress and not the finished article. enjoy your device it is fantastic and getting better

The Following User Says Thank You to loggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Portland, Or
Originally Posted by loggie View Post
threads like these. get over it. nothing is perfect. if you hate it sell it and buy something that does exactly what you want, perfectly, if you can find it. i appreciate some people are not totally satisfied with their purchase but everyone knew that this is a work in progress and not the finished article. enjoy your device it is fantastic and getting better
The purpose of threads like these isnt to hate on the device entirely though some people might. I can asssure you I've had every major handset released since januarry of each year and they all have something to hate. What would you say to an iPhone user that says "I hate that it dosn't have a keyboard, but I couldn't live without my iPhone" should they get a entirely different device?

P.S. I hate having to press the Option button to get the symbol input.

Tags
hate is for the, powerless