Active Topics

Notices

Hi there. After three months coding I now present podQast. Available on harbour and source on https://gitlab.com/cy8aer/podqast. Have fun...

Actual Features
  • Normal Podcaster Stuff
  • Really play queuing
  • Globally and per post configurable: Where to put a new post (Playlist, Inbox, History)?
  • Automatically search for new posts
  • Chaptermarks
  • (if provided by feed) Select alternative audio formats
  • Play single post without subscribing podcast
  • Importing old Gpodder feeds
  • Importing OPML
  • gpodder.net search
  • This thingie remembers the actual position of every post and can play it after restart

Planned Features
  • Better finding old stuff
  • Snooze mode
  • Manipulation of playing tempo
  • Queue: go backwards in history (sort of)
  • Select Chapters to be played
  • Much more

Will not work
  • Start page player controls: I use QML-Mediaplayer by now

Bugs
Yeah I guess you find some. Please issue at gitlab...

Code
You wanna help? I would appreciate this, go to gitlab
Attached Images

Last edited by cy8aer; 2018-10-15 at 07:48.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Hi,
This looks pretty nice!
Because I don't have a gitlab account (yet), I'm going to write down a few things I've noticed here:
  • The Startup-Wizard/Info screens are not swipeable, which was a bit confusing at first.
  • Before opening anything, the cover shows "00:00:00 23:59:59"
  • Gpodder search does not seem to return any results…
  • Categories List seems to have a weird height. Also, entries pop in and out when scrolling – you might try to cut the dimensions with clip: true on the scrollable list.
  • There's a Settings icon in the header of subscribed Podcasts: If the podcast name is too long, they intersect.
  • At some places it would be nice to have a bit of "Theme.horizontalPageMargin" because of some text being directly at the side of the screen.
  • Generally it looks really really good and works well. I got a bit of stuttering while playing + downloading, but I could live with that.
  • Because it's mine I had to test: It seems to work well with slumber as a sleep timer.

Please don't mistake this feedback for negativity – I really like where this is going.

If with "Start page player controls" you mean controlling via lock screen, this can work by using the "MprisPlayer" QML element. I've done it here: https://github.com/jgibbon/Talefish/...layer.qml#L351

cheers!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
@velox:
  • Wizzard not swipable: Oups - that is page stack push without any parent. I will look at it.
  • Cover at 00:00:00 - knifty. The main problem is, that I get the position information from the media player. Known Bug.
  • Gpodder search: yes BluesLee (he tested it) told me about these problems before. It works. But: gpodder.net itself must work (it does most of the time). And you need to have good connectivity. I for myself do not have any problems when on Wifi but when looking at this stuff in a train...
  • QueueList height: Yeah the whole qml height stuff is not as intuitive as I thought... Will try to tune.
  • Options Icon and Title intersection. Known (hi BluesLee...). I for myself can live with it by now. These Icons are not designated in Sailfish design but I need these (Future: Inbox - I need an Archive-Icon to archive all...). Not sure what I can do else by now...
  • Margins: ahem sloppy coding
  • playing and downloading: Media player problem. When downloading it streams. And: It will play from download if it is fully downloaded and you pause/play again. But the media player is a bit ugly (look at gitlab for the rattle patch 9ff6053f... The whole downloading part needs to be tuned. But it needed time and I wanted to publish...
  • Slumber as sleeper. Yes I saw slumber later. Too all: implement it in the app or use slumber?
  • Mpris: Thought of it. But different api. Probably in the next version, probably other problems than with qml media player. Let's see. But: Tailfish (which uses mpris?? Yeah thats you, sorry...) lost bluetooth key functionality with Sailfish 2.0 (??). The whole multimedia stuff seems to be a bit lazy handled by Jolla (what to use and which lib is kicked on harbour).

I want to publish in blocks. So 1.1 will take some time. If you want to see what happens, look at the gitlab source (will be actualized when developing) and kick it into the JDK by your own. I decided to publish faster but I might not handle it. Except you cannot live with a bug which is grave.

And: Of course it has "bugs"...

Last edited by cy8aer; 2018-10-15 at 09:18.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Just for all following my development: The gitlab archive is a slave of my private gitea development. This is not as lucky as I like: I need to double all issues from gitlab to my system and you will not see every issue/milestone... stuff from my gitea system. If anyone has a trick for better gitea-gitlab interconnect please let me know...

Awesome!
Just to clarify: MprisPlayer is not a player as such (Talefish uses QML MediaPlayer as well), just "registers" a player to MPRIS, which is used for the lock screen controls with some event bindings.

Off-Topic: I thought I had successfully tested BT functionality in Talefish a while ago – I'll have to borrow a car again some time.

cheers!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2018-10-15 at 09:24. Reason: typos for everyone!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Awesome!
Just to clarify: MprisPlayer is not a player as such (Talefish uses QML MediaPlayer as well), just "registers" a player to MPRIS, which is used for the lock screen controls with some event bindings.

Off-Topic: I thought I had successfully tested BT functionality in Talefish a while ago – I'll have to borrow a car again some time.

cheers!
Off topic again: I use these cheap bluetooth headsets by Anker for testing that...

The Following User Says Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Looks interesting! I might give it a shot if it ever gets mpris support (which is my main gripe with gPodder).

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Looks interesting! I might give it a shot if it ever gets mpris support (which is my main gripe with gPodder).
Hm, mpris seems not to be allowed. Coderus mentioned to compile it into the rpm but I have just python and qml and no compiled byte in the code by now. For those interested: here is the mpris stuff which is not compatible to harbour: https://gitlab.com/cy8aer/podqast/tree/mpris (it works of course).

I do not want to have this double repository problem like others have (openrepos with mpris) because of handling two master branches. So I am unhappy...

Last edited by cy8aer; 2018-10-15 at 19:58.

Huh, how did CuteSpot end up in the Harbour? It has mpris support.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Huh, how did CuteSpot end up in the Harbour? It has mpris support.
The mpris stuff is hidden in the libspotify blob I guess. There is no mpris stuff nor any DBus stuff in the source. I have an idea how to implement it but this will take some time (if you do not have a library you need to... just dbus)

Last edited by cy8aer; 2018-10-16 at 05:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post: