Active Topics

Notices

angry bird game

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grumps312 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
This is my list. I won't add any modding tools. Just apps.

angry birds from ovi store is an awesome game.

camkeyd so that you can go to applications running view by pressing camera button half way.

Cellular Modem control buttons so you can turn phone options off if you're in a airplane for example.

eCoach is really nice if you enjoy doing outdoor walks. Takes in a lot of data about your route.

Eggtimer is ok if you often forget stuff in the oven for too long, easy to use.

Electric beams (free from ovi) is a pretty funny game, although it only shows 10 levels, but when you complete level 10 it'll give you level 11, but if you close the app you'll have to complete level 10 again.

fapn/fmms even though I think mms is old technology, a lot of people keep sending me mms all the time, so a must have for me.

Flashlight is a cool bit of kit when in the dark. you open cam cover and put flashlight on from taskbar.

gFTP for a graphical ftp client.

Hermes (awesome app) automatically gets pictures for your contacts. Great feature. Nokia should implement this in to their own systems. All credit to creator.

Petrovich to send items from your N900 by email or other services easily.

Pidgin protocols plugin for Conversations and Contacts, Awesome application as it lets you use MSN, ICQ, AIM and many others on your basic N900 messaging client! Also brings contacts from them to your phonebook, and you can merge them if you have duplicates.

rdesktop is an awesome bit of kit that allows you to connect to your computer and allowes you to have the power of a PC in your pocket. very useful.

wormux worms game. works ok, but not that good fps. but can play over network with someone else.

xploder is an ok game from ovi store.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield
Petrovich and Hermes are great. Angry Birds is entertaining, Extra codecs support has been useful.

Also just discovered Vegalume for last.fm and or libre.fm streaming - work just great for me at the moment, although some people seem to be having issues here

The Following User Says Thank You to Digbum13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Kaiserslautern - Germany
-SuperTux - the linux version of super mario ^^
-TouchSearch - Desktop widget for one klick search different search engines (wiki,ebay...)
-TimerJinni - Good count up/down timer
-vncviewer
-Quicknote - The best note taking app I could find.
-Personal IP address - Ip address of the device on desktop
-Password Safe - create blowfish encrypted files
-leafpad -simple text editor
-gTranslate
-conky

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diamorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by grumps312 View Post
angry bird game
It's in the OVIstore. The first levels are free.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by unkno View Post
-Conversations Inbox Desktop Widget (technically not an app though)
-AlmostTI Graphing Calc
-rootsh (only if you know what you're doing...)
-Flashlight
-Cpumem-applet (or load applet if you want to easily screenshot and sreencast)
those are the apps i first installed, i use the rootsh to reboot the device, (just type reboot after access of root data on x terminal) but not to put reboot button on power key. im only a noob, is my reboot option correct? i performed it quite severel times since i read it in this forum.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Brank View Post
This is my list. I won't add any modding tools. Just apps.

angry birds from ovi store is an awesome game.

camkeyd so that you can go to applications running view by pressing camera button half way.

Cellular Modem control buttons so you can turn phone options off if you're in a airplane for example.

eCoach is really nice if you enjoy doing outdoor walks. Takes in a lot of data about your route.

Eggtimer is ok if you often forget stuff in the oven for too long, easy to use.

Electric beams (free from ovi) is a pretty funny game, although it only shows 10 levels, but when you complete level 10 it'll give you level 11, but if you close the app you'll have to complete level 10 again.

fapn/fmms even though I think mms is old technology, a lot of people keep sending me mms all the time, so a must have for me.

Flashlight is a cool bit of kit when in the dark. you open cam cover and put flashlight on from taskbar.

gFTP for a graphical ftp client.

Hermes (awesome app) automatically gets pictures for your contacts. Great feature. Nokia should implement this in to their own systems. All credit to creator.

Petrovich to send items from your N900 by email or other services easily.

Pidgin protocols plugin for Conversations and Contacts, Awesome application as it lets you use MSN, ICQ, AIM and many others on your basic N900 messaging client! Also brings contacts from them to your phonebook, and you can merge them if you have duplicates.

rdesktop is an awesome bit of kit that allows you to connect to your computer and allowes you to have the power of a PC in your pocket. very useful.

wormux worms game. works ok, but not that good fps. but can play over network with someone else.

xploder is an ok game from ovi store.
most of these are games. which is what i also having fun with n900. my first games....but not really gaems because they're emulators, are the vgc and vba

I think if you guys are talking about the REALLY important apps,

then first and foremost is the PETROVICH
it allows you to transfer music via bluetooth which you cannot find otherwise.

2. You might wanna additionally add apps like hermes, pidgin internet, brightlight, fbreader, fAPN and stuff like that.

but yeah, as far as i know...

petrovich is one thing you absolutely should be having..

and guys do let me know if there is something which can help make those credit checking calls i.e *102#

believe me, N900 is the best nokia gives.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adnanbhat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by adnanbhat View Post
and guys do let me know if there is something which can help make those credit checking calls i.e *102#
The USSD-widget should do that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
After 4 days (and owning a a n770/n800)

for content
fbreader
gpodder
ogg support
evince (dev)

for contacts:
pidgen extra protocols
facebook plugin (widget on desktop)
configure exchange connector to get gmail contacts and updates
configure jabber for facebook chat
add contact photos and add to desktop

for input
leafpad
maepad (dev)

for hacking
ssh client + server
rootsh
nmap
firefox
rdesktop
vncviewer
nmap
vim

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anthony_barker For This Useful Post:

Tags
applications, best apps, fremantle, list, maemo, maemo 5, most useful, recommended, superlative, top, top apps