Active Topics

Notices

If I just would have my Jolla already....

you should try in #sailfishos or #jollamobile

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Here's an RPM built for the Jolla device, if anyone with one wouldn't mind running it and letting me know if it works it'd be a big help:

http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/cutespoti...-1.armv7hl.rpm

Seems it doesn't run on the device (and doesn't give any errors), so a release might have to wait until I have a device to debug it on.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
This is the strace output, if it helps...

Code:
[nemo@localhost ~]$ strace CuteSpotify
execve("/usr/bin/CuteSpotify", ["CuteSpotify"], [/* 35 vars */]) = 0
brk(0)                                  = 0x413fb000
uname({sys="Linux", node="localhost", ...}) = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x40283000
access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/v7l/neon/vfp/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/v7l/neon/vfp", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/v7l/neon/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/v7l/neon", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/v7l/vfp/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/v7l/vfp", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/v7l/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/v7l", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/neon/vfp/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/neon/vfp", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/neon/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/neon", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/vfp/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/vfp", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/tls", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/v7l/neon/vfp/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/v7l/neon/vfp", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/v7l/neon/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/v7l/neon", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/v7l/vfp/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/v7l/vfp", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/v7l/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/v7l", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/neon/vfp/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/neon/vfp", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/neon/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/neon", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/vfp/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/usr/share/cutespotify/vfp", 0xbed3c0e8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/cutespotify/libspotify.so.12", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\1\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0(\0\1\0\0\0\220i\1\0004\0\0\0"..., 512) = 512
lseek(3, 2466640, SEEK_SET)             = 2466640
read(3, "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 1000) = 1000
lseek(3, 2466368, SEEK_SET)             = 2466368
read(3, "A6\0\0\0aeabi\0\1,\0\0\0\5CORTEX-A8\0\6\n\7A\10"..., 55) = 55
exit_group(1)                           = ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Thanks pycage, that is helpful, I suspect it's the wrong architecture for libspotify; could you try the following version and see if it gets any further?

http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/cutespoti...-2.armv7hl.rpm

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The new version starts up but hangs and segfaults when trying to log in.

Code:
19:24:53.601 I [offline_authorizer.cpp:297] Unable to login offline: no such user

19:24:53.602 I [ap:1752] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.com:4070

19:24:53.654 I [ap:1226] Connected to AP: 78.31.12.94:4070

19:24:54.305 E [ap:3953] Connection error:  409

Last edited by pycage; 2013-11-30 at 19:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The new version starts up but hangs and segfaults when trying to log in.

Code:
19:24:53.601 I [offline_authorizer.cpp:297] Unable to login offline: no such user

19:24:53.602 I [ap:1752] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.com:4070

19:24:53.654 I [ap:1226] Connected to AP: 78.31.12.94:4070

19:24:54.305 E [ap:3953] Connection error:  409
Thanks, seems it crashes when there's a login error, so I'll need to get that fixed. Other people have been able to log in with the new version, but it seems some plugin or other is still missing as QAudioOutput doesn't provide any valid devices. Previously we fixed this in the emulator by adding qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-audio-pulseaudio to the dependencies, but it seems something else is needed as well on the actual device (but I have no clue what it might be).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Thanks, seems it crashes when there's a login error, so I'll need to get that fixed. Other people have been able to log in with the new version, but it seems some plugin or other is still missing as QAudioOutput doesn't provide any valid devices. Previously we fixed this in the emulator by adding qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-audio-pulseaudio to the dependencies, but it seems something else is needed as well on the actual device (but I have no clue what it might be).
my uradio needed :

qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-mediaservice-gstmediaplayer
gst-plugins-good

to play ogg streams and AFAIK spotify uses ogg to?

Btw. there seems to be no armv7hl(eg hard float) version of libspotify.so? Could that be the issue with crashing?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-11-30 at 19:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
my uradio needed :

qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-mediaservice-gstmediaplayer
gst-plugins-good

to play ogg streams and AFAIK spotify uses ogg to?
Possibly internally but it has everything it needs to decode streams as part of libspotify, it just provides raw audio that has to be output via QAudioOutput. It seems the problem with audio not coming out is because I have to do some magic with libresource otherwise it gets muted by default.

Unfortunately it seems that by using libresource directly I probably won't be able to distribute it in the Jolla store right away because it's not one of the authorised APIs.

The latest, sort-of-working version can be downloaded here:

http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/cutespoti...-4.armv7hl.rpm

It works pretty well in the emulator, but seems to be somewhat flaky on the device, and there's currently no way of controlling the volume, so use at your own peril .

I'd be quite interested to see a video of it running on a device if anyone has the time .

Btw. there seems to be no armv7hl(eg hard float) version of libspotify.so? Could that be the issue with crashing?
Yeah, I'm having to use the armv6 hard float beta version unfortunately, not certain what effects this may have on stability.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
It works pretty well in the emulator, but seems to be somewhat flaky on the device, and there's currently no way of controlling the volume, so use at your own peril .

I'd be quite interested to see a video of it running on a device if anyone has the time .
Here is quick video of CuteSpotify running on Jolla device:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P86L0XaTM8w

Works pretty nice. Couple things are not working so nicely:
- Volume control, as said earlier
- Some times when starting application it has forgotten credentials. Also some times crashes during startup even credentials are ok
- Changing stream quality does not make change and also application will forgot settings immedialy after changing it
- With larger playlists application will startup will take LONG time

But, this looks very promising. Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to junnuvi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by junnuvi View Post
Here is quick video of CuteSpotify running on Jolla device:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P86L0XaTM8w
Great thanks, looks like it runs fairly smoothly on the device, which is good to know. Interestingly it looks like some of the theme icons have changed between the last emulator release and the actual device images.

- Changing stream quality does not make change and also application will forgot settings immedialy after changing it
Thanks for pointing this out, it's now fixed here: http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/cutespoti...-6.armv7hl.rpm

This version should theoretically also have some support for control via Bluetooth media keys, assuming that's supported on the device.

- With larger playlists application will startup will take LONG time
Yeah, this should only happen the first time you log in while it fetches and caches the lists, so this should be less of an issue once I've worked out why it's sometimes losing credentials.

Last edited by Elleo; 2013-12-01 at 15:49.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:

Tags
meespot, qt5 wayland, sailfish, spotify, ubuntu touch