Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
[*]The URL bar covers a small part of the page - on one website I visit, there a link to switch to mobile version, which is currently hidden behind the bar (I just noticed that the bar becomes thinner after scrolling, but only on longer pages).
A long press on the left icon minimizes the urlbar.

[*]The tab bar is visually bit confusing - not really sure what is current tab... You could remove the 'New tab' and 'Close' buttons as they're accessible through the pulley menu
Yeah I need to think about redesigning the tab bar

[*]Would you consider adding bookmark editing function? It is quite easy to edit bookmarks in the default browser (through a config file), but since here it's in a database... It is difficult to make a bookmark pointing to http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?do=getnew
You can add bookmarks manually from the pulley menu.
Editing bookmarks from there isn't so hard to implement.
Its definitely on my todo list.

These are just minor issues - I am very impressed by your work. I wouldn't have imagined something would replace the default browser in its initial version. Simply amazing.
Thanks

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Thanks, I didn't notice the 'hold to minimize' behavior and adding the bookmarks manually. I don't think I need bookmark editing anymore

Just few more things:
  • It would be nice to have a 'Reset to default' button in the Settings, in case someone messes up the font sizes without remembering what was the original setting
  • Also an option to delete cache/cookies/history would be nice.
  • What does exactly the 'Private Browsing' option do? Does it create a new session (clean cookies, no persistent history/cookies) and goes back to the original one when turned off?
  • When you open the keyboard in landcape and rotate to portait, something very weird happens. But I guess that is a bug in Sailfish.

EDIT: These are just suggestions. If the browser stays as it is, it is still the best browser on the platform. I'm not experienced with QtWebkit, but I can offer some help with translations.

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-01-11 at 16:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Also not able to install via warehouse. When launched from terminal, it says:

Code:
[W] unknown:181 - file:///usr/share/harbour-warehouse/qml/components-jolla/AppManageBox.qml:181: TypeError: Cannot read property 'packageid' of undefined.
Don't know if it's package problem or warehouse problem as I already have you video player installed so maybe this package is also correct.

Seems to be a warehouse problem.

Donate using Liberapay

Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Seems to be a warehouse problem.
Yep, pkcon install harbour-warehouse works just fine. Already love quick-scrolling buttons, thank you!

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post

Just few more things:
[*] It would be nice to have a 'Reset to default' button in the Settings, in case someone messes up the font sizes without remembering what was the original setting
Good point will add that to my todo list.
[*] Also an option to delete cache/cookies/history would be nice.
Thats one interesting thing I have to dig into as currently I have no idea how it is saving those :P (WebView QML or the invoker somehow do this automatically)

[*] What does exactly the 'Private Browsing' option do? Does it create a new session (clean cookies, no persistent history/cookies) and goes back to the original one when turned off?
What it does exactly I don't know. But I guess it won't save history or cookies when enabled. (I am using the qtwebkit private browsing option here)

[*] When you open the keyboard in landcape and rotate to portait, something very weird happens. But I guess that is a bug in Sailfish.
Yeah it is a bug in the virtual keyboard of sailfish I guess. (or the Silica Page component)

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
For me the warehouse version worked. Thank you!
The only annoying problem I see so far is the keyboard + url bar covering almost the whole page and hide the input elements you are writing in.
The input box should be rendered at least on the small top visible part.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Another two small issues:

Default bookmarks are recreated with every start of the browser. That makes them impossible to permanently delete.

It also seems that there's something wrong with the font/encoding. Characters special to my language (č, ř, ˛, etc.) look like from a different font and don't fit the rest of the text.

Here is how it looks like in Webcat (incorrect):

and here's how it is in the default browser (correct):

(click to view)

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-01-11 at 20:58.

Your browser is great, thank you.

Nice and slick browser, thanks for it so far. Looking forward to ui improvements.

I would like to see some faster option in two important actions: moving to previous page and changing tabs. Maybe pulkdown menu or swipe left / right in min zoom ?

Tags
browser, webbrowser