Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
whats your top bugfixes, req or features for next update 12. personally I would like to see something that attracts users, not another tuning of browser or ambiance.

could update 12 be sail 2.0?*

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-03-04 at 18:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
It's not an update anymore, beginning with this version it's called upgrade.
The term update is now used for hotfixes.

Private browsing will come with this update for sure.
Maybe lock screen media player controls will arrive with U12
Maybe IMAP IDLE/PUSH support

just check this link:
https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...ry/005661.html

Last edited by Morpog; 2015-03-04 at 12:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Well I do not know the specifics, but the roadmap is already set:

http://www.jollausers.com/2015/01/se...like-for-2015/

I would guess the usb tethering and private browsing support should come in release 12...
Not sure about the rest. Maybe landscape maps? OpenVPN support?

Toolchain update is scheduled for release 13, which may or may not be sailfish 2.0.

Anyway, between now and June, we should get a nice set of improvements. Maybe they will come as a massive upgrade, or they may come piecewise.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelima For This Useful Post:
I'm not overly keen on application updates being tied in with OS updates (though in some cases the two may go hand in hand - eg. gallery and media filtering).

Anyway, this probably isn't exhaustive, and for what little it's worth:

OS/Phone:

* Allow non-Jolla applications to have their settings via System (maybe provide an incentive for developers to use it by allowing backup of any settings there).

* Put Settings shortcuts into Eventview (I know there's a patch).

* Add vibrate, airplane and/or connectivity, screen brightness, low power mode, etc. settings to ambiences. Will turn them into proper profiles and mean one change can be used to switch important settings (silence, some sounds, connectivity, etc).

* When creating an ambience, give option of "use default settings" or "use current settings".

* The data connectivity pop-up is better now, but would be nice to be able to definitively control it.

* Make it easier to switch between icon sets. For example have a folder of sets that need to conform to a standard naming and/or structure, then allow user to select one in Settings. Maybe also add this setting to ambiences.

* OpenVPn

Calendar:

* Improved views (weekly, extended monthly, etc)
* Manually add/delete calendars
* Manually add entries to Birthday calendar
* More sophisticated repetition settings
* Calendar backup
* Default reminder setting
* Default calendar setting

People:

* Add a notes field

Gallery:

* Any method that allows filtering album art from the image list, without affecting the music files from being detected.

Ringtones:

* If you select a file to use as ringtone, alarm, etc., it gives you the option to copy it to the ringtone dir. You can do this manually, but it would save some effort if it did it for you.

Weather:

* Allow other weather providers - esp. UKMO.
* Add ability to add forecast to display - eg next 3 hours, tomorrow.
* Add ability to display precipitation probability, wind speed and direction.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Go to together.Jolla.com, sort by votes...

https://together.jolla.com/questions...s-desc/page:1/

That's pretty much my list though some of those that are listed as implemented are best described as experimental (translation = not working).

CalDAV, CardDAV, SIP are my main three.

But more so than Jolla 'implementing' these I'd rather see them open up the accounts API and settings UI so that other people can do it.

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
CalDAV, CardDAV, SIP are my main three.
Fortunately, we are some guys with Google contacts sync which doesn't work at all since few months now. This is a fu.... serious issue to use a Jolla on a daily basis.

Just fix that media player already. First 9 updates album art worked sometimes, mostly not. Since update 10 album art has been MIA.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to finfly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
could update 12 be sail 2.0?*
Hope not. They're currently estimating end of June for initial Sailfish 2.0 for the phone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
My List of most wanted enhancements:
- functional integrated XMPP-Client (ability to add contacts, XEP198-Support, OTR-Support, [Filetransfer and MUC as a bonus])
- Fully integrated SIP-Client
- working caldav / carddav with owncloud (no more repeating calendars and disappearing entries, and working carddav at all)

unfortunately it looks like all of these are low priority, even more now that the sail 2.0 and tablet adaption works get all the focus

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
* Allow non-Jolla applications to have their settings via System (maybe provide an incentive for developers to use it by allowing backup of any settings there).
There have been opinions that it's bad idea by design to put settings of an app into another app. And i tend to agree, probably gets instantly annoying on actual use.

I'd drop it completely, why waste time on that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post: