Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
whops, indeed, have it there as well. Ok, will dig then why build still fails on it.
--
Got it, it actually was attempting to be built on my host pc, not on SF SDK
Actually, I've just been reminded why it's the only one to complain - for every other required package I just reference it in the PKGCONFIG of the project and the build VM will automatically find it, but for some reason this doesn't work with quazip. When I try I get:

Code:
Project ERROR: quazip development package not found
Installing the quazip-devel manually works fine. I have to reference it in LIBS and INCLUDE instead.

Anyone know why this is?

Originally Posted by abranson View Post
Installing the quazip-devel manually works fine. I have to reference it in LIBS and INCLUDE instead.

Anyone know why this is?
I've tried playing with PkgConfigBR and Requires but didn't manage to make it work smoothly - simply because quazip doesn't have pkg-config file.
And I guess that might be the reason for such behaviour (i.e. all the details could not be resolved without pc file hence it's up to devel to place it properly).
So ended up installing it manually as well into the sandbox.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Hi,

I've tried to install some apps and most of them didn't work. Here is the full list :
- Stopwatch - works
- Timer - doesn't work
- Timer+ - doesn't work
- Steps - doesn't work
- Misfit - doesn't work
- Cards - works but can't load data
- Love Weather (watchface) - doesn't work
I can't find why the timers don't work, they are simple apps :s.
And this lead me to this question : is it currently possible to remove an app on the PT with only a Jolla phone ?

I also noticed than after extracting apps to the right folders, they are available on the PT only after restarting rockpoold.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
I've tried playing with PkgConfigBR and Requires but didn't manage to make it work smoothly - simply because quazip doesn't have pkg-config file.
And I guess that might be the reason for such behaviour (i.e. all the details could not be resolved without pc file hence it's up to devel to place it properly).
So ended up installing it manually as well into the sandbox.
Thanks, I don't really have a clue how pkg-config works. I'll mention it in the README. Is this a bug in the sailfish packaging that needs reporting? I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect end users anyway.

Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
I've tried to install some apps and most of them didn't work. Here is the full list :
- Stopwatch - works
- Timer - doesn't work
- Timer+ - doesn't work
- Steps - doesn't work
- Misfit - doesn't work
- Cards - works but can't load data
- Love Weather (watchface) - doesn't work
I can't find why the timers don't work, they are simple apps :s.
Thanks for the testing! Logs would be good. I know the websocket stuff won't work for now. I have PebTimer on mine and that works.

Edit: Misfit seems to work for me. What error do you get?

And this lead me to this question : is it currently possible to remove an app on the PT with only a Jolla phone ?
Dbus call should do it, as this is what the UI will do. Substitute your bluetooth address below:

Code:
qdbus org.rockwork /org/rockwork/B0_B4_48_80_B9_87 org.rockwork.Pebble.RemoveApp 1e420b43-63be-45f7-822c-2a7d57a55384
To find the uuid, do grep -R [name] /home/nemo/.local/share/rockpoold/B0_B4_48_80_B9_87/apps

I also noticed than after extracting apps to the right folders, they are available on the PT only after restarting rockpoold.
That's probably done in the UI somewhere...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
How can I access to the logs ?

Last edited by Astaoth; 2016-03-17 at 16:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
How can I access to the logs ?
As root, do:

journalctl -fl

Then try your app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I will check.

I don't have qdbus on my Jolla, which package provide it ? Or should I execute this command as root ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Thanks, I will check.

I don't have qdbus on my Jolla, which package provide it ? Or should I execute this command as root ?
I installed qt5-qttools-qdbus and it installs qdbus into the /usr/lib/qt5/bin/ directory

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
I have no log about the app. not even a AppMsgManager::handleAppLaunchMessage:293 (which seem to be the log when an app is started succefully).

I think it is a problem which occurs during the upload of the app, however after trying to install an app on the watch, I have no error. The installation end with the messages :
UploadManager::handlePushBytesMessage:315 - upload 2 succesful, invoking callback
AppManager::handleAppFetchMessage:148 - resource file uploaded successfully

But, next to the install, on the watch I have an empty screen with a white dot at the middle. I can leave this screen only by pushing the back button 5 sec. After that, when I try to start the app, nothing happen, there is still the menu screen, however I can'tmove inside. I have to push 5 sec he back button in order to be really back in the menu.

This problem happens only with the new apps. With the old ones, with no colors, there is no problem. My watch is a PTS, with the firmware 3.4.

I installed qt5-qttools-qdbus and it installs qdbus into the /usr/lib/qt5/bin/ directory
Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
I have no log about the app. not even a AppMsgManager::handleAppLaunchMessage:293 (which seem to be the log when an app is started succefully).

I think it is a problem which occurs during the upload of the app, however after trying to install an app on the watch, I have no error. The installation end with the messages :
UploadManager::handlePushBytesMessage:315 - upload 2 succesful, invoking callback
AppManager::handleAppFetchMessage:148 - resource file uploaded successfully

But, next to the install, on the watch I have an empty screen with a white dot at the middle. I can leave this screen only by pushing the back button 5 sec. After that, when I try to start the app, nothing happen, there is still the menu screen, however I can'tmove inside. I have to push 5 sec he back button in order to be really back in the menu.

This problem happens only with the new apps. With the old ones, with no colors, there is no problem. My watch is a PTS, with the firmware 3.4.

Thank you.
Thanks for the investigation. I can only assume that the unzip method doesn't work for these newer apps, but I'm not sure if I can test these as I'm still on a pebble classic. Could you remove those broken apps and try the 'SideloadApp' method in DBus which will use the same code as RockWork uses for installation. Download the pbw and do:

qdbus org.rockwork /org/rockwork/B0_B4_48_80_B9_87 org.rockwork.Pebble.SideloadApp /full/path/to/file.pbw

And see if the daemon does anything extra that might make it work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch