Notices

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
copernicus, i think the ideea with repeated IR signal is a nice one. as i know, for samsung at least, does not matter if the signal is repeated, because the tv response is preety slow.
also, due to some hardware issues of the n900 ( meaning the positioning of infrared port, the angle of signal distribution ) it's not working wery well as a remote, making necessary pressing many times for a command.
what i think that u could do, is to make an option in settings for repeating signal, maybe some options there regarding the repetition rate. or to integrate this according to different tv marks.

why i say that? because i own a phillips and a samsung, and their answer on remote is different. samsung is taking each command and make-it ( changing the channel one by one is a small disaster, untill does not show the next channel he don't take next command from remote ), phillips is changing as many channels as u want, depending on how many press u have.
i hope u undestand what i wanted to say.

good luck, ans congratulation for program. it have a lot of potential.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
One more request: if it isn't too much of a bother, I would love to know which specific devices actually do work with Pierogi. The LIRC config files don't concern themselves with anything but remote control codes, so I don't myself know what models of device work with what keysets. If you could send me a note to tell me the particular make and model of a device when it is working with a particular keyset, that would be great.
Will this help? Feel free to edit it as required (thrown it together quick).
http://wiki.maemo.org/Pierogi_Device_Compatibility_List

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by farland View Post
I have TV with brand Polytron.
Wow, I am coming up completely empty on Polytron. Nothing in either the LIRC files or the hifi-remotes website. This one may take some effort...

Originally Posted by ioncelmare View Post
copernicus, i think the ideea with repeated IR signal is a nice one.
Actually, Pierogi automatically repeats every command for as long as you hold the button down. It really has to -- every IR protocol I've seen so far requires that each command always be repeated for as long as the user holds down the button. In fact, they even specify the exact rate at which commands be repeated, so you can't really speed up or slow down how often you send the signal.

why i say that? because i own a phillips and a samsung, and their answer on remote is different. samsung is taking each command and make-it ( changing the channel one by one is a small disaster, untill does not show the next channel he don't take next command from remote ), phillips is changing as many channels as u want, depending on how many press u have.
Hmm. Do you get the same results when you use the remotes that came with those TVs? If the Samsung works correctly using its own remote, the odds are there's a bug in the Pierogi code somewhere. Otherwise, I'm not sure Pierogi can do anything that the original remote could not do...

good luck, ans congratulation for program. it have a lot of potential.
Thanks! I'll keep working on it.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Will this help? Feel free to edit it as required (thrown it together quick).
http://wiki.maemo.org/Pierogi_Device_Compatibility_List
Nice! Let me go ahead and enter the devices I know about so far...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I've tested the new version on my Daewoo and had no luck but I can report that pierogi works ok for Panasonic Viera.

Ps. on the Daewo remote is states R-59B01

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Is it possible to add those "Chinese universal remotes"?
I'm talking about these remotes:
??? I'm not sure what you mean. Pierogi is a universal remote...
How can I find which remote codes I will have to pick?

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
How can I find which remote codes I will have to pick?
At the moment, the only way to choose a remote code in Pierogi is to go to the drop-down menu, tap "select keyset", scroll through the list of available keysets, and tap on one of them to select it. You can filter the list by the make of the device you are looking for, so that helps a little bit. (There's also an option to filter the list by device type, but that doesn't work very well yet...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Just added my Sony into the device list, worked like a charm. Although my wife was getting a bit annoyed during the Grammy's until she figured out it was me ;-)

Just curious, any chance of getting a Dish Network reciever keyset added in? I know you talked briefly of Directv...thanks for the great app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sphinx780 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sphinx780 View Post
Just curious, any chance of getting a Dish Network reciever keyset added in? I know you talked briefly of Directv...
Yes! I've been putting off Dish for a while now, as I've been having nothing but trouble with most of the satellite receiver protocols so far; but there are plenty of config files for them out there. I'll put it on my list.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control