Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by angun33 View Post
alright i've build a package that has a navigator applet instead of a status bar applet. I haven't properly tested this though. So anyone want to try them on theirs n810? Please let me know how you go.
warning! Reboot loop!
Do not install!

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
warning! Reboot loop!
Do not install!
I have just installed the first launcher on my N800 and it is also stuck in a reboot loop

Originally Posted by darrennewman@sky.com View Post
I have just installed the first launcher on my N800 and it is also stuck in a reboot loop
Do you need assistance to fix it?

Do you need assistance to fix it?
Yes please. Thanks

Yes please. Thanks
Are you able to dual boot?
If yes, boot from your alternate system (is it mmc or flash?). Then mount the main system partition under /mnt, "chroot /mnt" and "apt-get remove launcher" or " dpkg -r launcher"
If you aren't able to dualboot, then try enabling "R&D mode", if this mode stops the reboot loop, then uninstall the package from a xterm or the package manager. If this mode doesn't stops the reboot loop, you have no other alternative than to prepare a bootable partition on a mmc card in your pc (you could use a mer image for this).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Are you able to dual boot?
If yes, boot from your alternate system (is it mmc or flash?). Then mount the main system partition under /mnt, "chroot /mnt" and "apt-get remove launcher" or " dpkg -r launcher"
If you aren't able to dualboot, then try enabling "R&D mode", if this mode stops the reboot loop, then uninstall the package from a xterm or the package manager. If this mode doesn't stops the reboot loop, you have no other alternative than to prepare a bootable partition on a mmc card in your pc (you could use a mer image for this).
Thanks, I can dual boot. Where do I find the main system partition so I can mount it?

Thanks, I can dual boot. Where do I find the main system partition so I can mount it?
If your main system is flash, the partition is /dev/mtdblock4, you have to force the filesystem type.
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock4 /mnt
If your main filesystem is in mmc, you'll have to insmod the ext2/ext3 modules first (depending on your filesystem type), and the device will be /dev/mmcblk1p2 for the 2nd partition of the external mmc.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Wow thanks maacruz! To bad before I read the fix, I ended up reinstalling diablo to external sd... heh. I think this app would be cool. I was wondering, should we put together a new thread, that talks about telescope, diablo5, and this app. Explains concerns, risks, proper order to install, and such?

If your main system is flash, the partition is /dev/mtdblock4, you have to force the filesystem type.
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock4 /mnt
If your main filesystem is in mmc, you'll have to insmod the ext2/ext3 modules first (depending on your filesystem type), and the device will be /dev/mmcblk1p2 for the 2nd partition of the external mmc.
Great fixed it, thanks a lot for your help.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I do not know what about the statusbar in the Telescope, but there is an idea to make the bar in Telescope wich will work with maemo applets as well. I can't provide any pictures or design of that idea because I have no PC at all so I can't draw it.
I hope you will able to make the kinetic scroll for your launcher.

Best regards,
Kroll