Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Hey mohammad,
the media bar control panel is showed up now but the display song option seems to be broken. It worked once but later stopped working.

it is not yet stable. Can you put a media player widget on the MBar as well?
Attached Images

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Feature request.

Can you put an option say: keep cover the proximity to display MBar. Once the finger or hand move away from the priimity the MBar disappear as well. So to show it, it must be covered all the time for the Xbar to appear all the time.

I think it's more handy than cover for specific time and show up.

Maxx

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Umm what do you mean? There's already a media player widget in it, just hold the icon for the mediaplayer.
Song metadata only shows with the controls, so again, do that ^.
And no, it's not my code that's buggy (first screenshot), it's the browser
(If you string the browser's binary, it seems to be overriding the whole desktop which seems to quote: draw items in it faster).
So that's out of my hand.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I know about flat, using that in the FOSS mediaplayer, but no, having no background would make it a bit ugly imo.
I just wanted to suggest: Even if you don't like the "having no background" possibility, and it's not aesthetically pleasing to you, I say make it a settings option.

It takes care of both categories of end users, and with (I presume) limited coding effort.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
would it be difficult or much more work to add a vertical mode or make the position of the mediabar customizable through the settings menu so I can use it like I photoshopped it here?

okay, now I begin dreaming of a mediabar like this...

an backgroundimage for the buttons could be made easily. But could the buttons be made transparent so that only the icons are visible?
...I'm just a graphics guy... don't know if something like that could be done in QT

- Ohhh, just thinking how cool it would be to swipe your finger over the different icons and for each one different options come up like:

and then I thought why a bar? Can't we have a mediawheel?

a wheel which stores the apps that can be scrolled with your thumb. get the idea?
Icon on last position opens app-options like media player buttons...

anyway design is pretty odd. i can do better
although I'm getting tired.

As I'm only a graphics guy, I would like to know if such things can be done "easily" for a skilled dev like MohammadAG?
I'm just interested.

Well, good night.

Last edited by NightShift79; 2011-01-15 at 05:58.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Umm what do you mean? There's already a media player widget in it, just hold the icon for the mediaplayer.
Song metadata only shows with the controls, so again, do that ^.
And no, it's not my code that's buggy (first screenshot), it's the browser
(If you string the browser's binary, it seems to be overriding the whole desktop which seems to quote: draw items in it faster).
So that's out of my hand.
the tags didn't show up.

+1 for NighShift79's suggestion on making it movable.

Also would it be possible to make it "slide" out from the edge of the screen rather than just pop into view, maybe an option in the settings panel?

Keep up the good work MAG

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Transitions, started on those yesterday, but since it's a hack, it'll drop a lot of frames (it's hidden and shown each millisecond), so while I find a workaround for it, that's not going to happen

One background would do, as it's on the 5800XM.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
would it be difficult or much more work to add a vertical mode or make the position of the mediabar customizable through the settings menu so I can use it like I photoshopped it here?

an backgroundimage for the buttons could be made easily. But could the buttons be made transparent so that only the icons are visible?
...I'm just a graphics guy... don't know if something like that could be done in QT

- Ohhh, just thinking how cool it would be to swipe your finger over the different icons and for each one different options come up like:

a wheel which stores the apps that can be scrolled with your thumb. get the idea?

As I'm only a graphics guy, I would like to know if such things can be done "easily" for a skilled dev like MohammadAG?
I'm just interested.

Well, good night.
Just a thought but instead of horizontal what about vertical, as where it is at present it covers up the operator logo and anything else in the left corner of the screen but there is nothing to cover up down the left hand side of the screen? Although I assume there is more a danger of hitting one of the icons in error whilst holding the phone in your left hand?

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post

I'm just interested.

Well, good night.
Nice homescreens. Any idea how I can get something similar?
I'm tired of the usual colors and widgets especially the weather one.

Tags
da man, mag-esque, mediabar, mohammadag, wikid