Poll: Would you still get the N900 if it had a Snapdragon CPU?
Poll Options
Would you still get the N900 if it had a Snapdragon CPU?

It' would be interesting to see how many people got the N900 because of the superior hardware compared to the Snapdragon Android devices or because of the OS.

This is a simple poll, comments are optional.

Sorry, wrong section. Mods, please move to N900.

If you feel that this poll is a little biased, then you'll get the idea how it looks on the most sites... but the opposite. I made this thread solely to end this Snapdragon hype until anyone actually can tell which true advantages it has, not as in more MHz.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangkok
What about their 1 Ghz processor?

Should we factor that into our poll decision?

I don't feel any of the poll answers are appropriate.

3D/cool desktop are important to me, but the #n900 hardware is just fine. There's no real evidence the snapdragon is much different in overall performance as it's more than CPU mhz, it's also about other types of hw acceleration/offloading etc.

So I really don't see this as any big deal. Sure in a few months there'll be something faster/better, but this is the tech world!

[ X ] I already have N900 and wouldn't get Snapdragon N901
[ X ] I would have gotten N900 even if it would have been snapdragon, as the Maemo GNU/Linux based OS is more important for me than raw performance and battery life.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I won't go too deeply into the tech reasons; however the Snapdragon CPU isn't really as impressive at 1ghz versus the ARM processor at 600mhz - get out of the mhz race and look at the FPU, et al.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I don't appreciate polls with detailed and specific answers that don't represent how I feel. It's like someone trying to put words into my mouth.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
i just want the N910 with a Cortext A9 with 2 cores (dont have to run on 1Ghz, 600-800mhz is fine)
I dont need much more single processing power i need more cores..
Because if i look at my usage, then many many times my cpu usage just is spiking and all other stuff is slowing down. That will help a bit if the single cpu performance would go up but thats only then a few % (if something now bogs the cpu for 6 seconds then it still would for example be 4 second of waiting instead of instant response if another core can pick it up)

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
N900 has no multitasking because of missing snapdragon cpu?

Because the name of the actual processor is not cool enought?!

Modifiy your poll with good possible answers like "yes and no" or delete it. Thanks!