Active Topics

Somebody wanna toss up a binary patched for 3 windows?

Originally Posted by munkiii View Post
I want a version of Hildon Desktop that is exactly the same as Matans Hildon Desktop, but with fast kinetic menu scrolling.

Fast kinetic menu scrolling doesn't seem to work in Matans now that i'm on PR1.3.

To reiterate - Can anybody tell me which deb will give me all the features of Matans Desktop, with the added bonus of Faster Kinetic Menu Scrolling, all while keeping the application dashboard as default.
You ask this in the wrong thread, but the answer is: modified-hildon-desktop, version 3.3 (in my repository) includes configurable deceleration rate, as described here:
http://my.svgalib.org/repo/Modified_Hildon_Desktop.html

Setting the gconf key /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/decel_rate to 99 will give you the same behaviour as in PR 1.1.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
You ask this in the wrong thread, but the answer is: modified-hildon-desktop, version 3.3 (in my repository) includes configurable deceleration rate, as described here:
http://my.svgalib.org/repo/Modified_Hildon_Desktop.html

Setting the gconf key /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/decel_rate to 99 will give you the same behaviour as in PR 1.1.
I was using your MHD, but the deceleration setting wasn't working.

Then there was an update for it yesterday which has fixed the problem.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Removed if statements and just changed defined values. So, when single thumb. it take 80% of the screen, when two or more they have a usual size.

deb + patch (remove .txt from the name. And change paths)
Just done installed this patch today, on mine with PR 1.3 applied last week.

No needs to reboot the device just restarting Hildon Desktop,.. and it's works.

just little complain from dpkg that said downgraded the package.

Hopefully no problem in the future.

Thank you so much aligatro, MohammadAG & THP for this awesome patch collaboration.

Thanks for this nifty patch guys, have the same concern as mesz though. Is it possible to post a newer version suitable for PR1.3? (the conflict is to do with the PR1.3 package being a newer version, 1:2.2.140-1+0m5),

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
hey again ! what about the horizontal/sideways scrolling ? are there any news about that ??

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Originally Posted by renjithza View Post
Thanks for this nifty patch guys, have the same concern as mesz though. Is it possible to post a newer version suitable for PR1.3? (the conflict is to do with the PR1.3 package being a newer version, 1:2.2.140-1+0m5),
Actually this version (1:2.2.140-1+0m5) is appearing in my sofware update notification now,... but I want to keep this modified desktop and task switcher so I'll just ignore it.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by titi974 View Post
hey again ! what about the horizontal/sideways scrolling ? are there any news about that ??
The patch (applies on top of my other patch) is already out there. It just needs someone to integrate it into the many binary builds that are floating around out there

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
yeap, we just need i may say ^^ all in all great job :P

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Is this patch apply-able to modified-hildon? and what about pr1.3 support?

The Following User Says Thank You to ear0wax For This Useful Post:

Tags
hildon-desktop