Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
Don't want or need it
Do you want other people to have it?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Why settle for 3G? I think 5G should have been offered.

</sarcasm>
ok, will make sure you have that option in the poll.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post

Dave, have a chat with fellow users interested in this topic about how to structure the poll, & then create it.
That way it'll be better formulated, not perfect, but certainly much better formulated.
This thread are doing just that so if you want to contribute to the poll please participate and don't close perfectly working polls

If you want I can send all my posts to you before so you can manually spellcheck?

Structure of the poll will be pretty much the same but with two additional options as suggested in this thread.

I bought a tablet and I don't want 3g
Why settle for 3G - I want 5G

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Dave, your old poll was confusing. There were too many options with barely any difference between some of them. The descriptions were too long and convoluted, not to mention ambiguous. And, as others mentioned, with all the nearly identical options, there were some common options missing altogether.

Do I agree that it should have been closed? Heck no! If we are going to close polls just on the grounds of being pointless, then we should close quite a lot more than just that one.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-12-14 at 08:53. Reason: Spelling. Damn on-screen keyboard! A terrible invention.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Dave, your old poll was confusing. There were too many options with barely any difference between some of them. The descriptions were too long and convoluted, not to mention ambiguous. And, as others mentioned, with all the nearly identical options, there were some common options missing altogether.

Do I agree that it should have been closed? Heck no! If we are going to close polls just on the grounds of being pointless, then we should close quite a lot more than just that one.
How would you design it?

Yes only if it is the same price as jollatablet wifi

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
would i like 3G in a tablet? yes.
am i willinjg to pay a premium to get it? no.

which is why i'm curious about getting an experia z ultra; £200 for a compact tablet with 3G (plus decent specs and a waterproof chassis).

but i think an extra 10% is all i'd be willing to pay for the feature in a new tablet.

Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
would i like 3G in a tablet? yes.
am i willinjg to pay a premium to get it? no.

which is why i'm curious about getting an experia z ultra; £200 for a compact tablet with 3G (plus decent specs and a waterproof chassis).

but i think an extra 10% is all i'd be willing to pay for the feature in a new tablet.
im having a z ultra if you have question while we are waiting for the poll and jolla to add 3G.

Z ultra is the best fingerprint magnet out there...but it has some pros as well

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
How would you design it?
Actually, I take it back. It wasn't that bad. Only one major issue and a few minor ones:
  1. Missing, "I bought the tablet and I do not want 3G."
  2. (Optional) Missing, "I bought the tablet exactly because it has no 3G. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise."
  3. In all cases, it should be "the tablet", not "a tablet."
  4. In all cases, it should be "I didn't buy" or "I haven't bought", not "I didn't bought."
  5. Consider removing options 5, 6 and possibly 7 from your original list. They are not all that different from option 4 (IMO, YMMV).

This is how it looks like inside Jolla office after the successful campaign: http://t.co/eRIQuqklAt

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
This is how it looks like inside Jolla office after the successful campaign: http://t.co/eRIQuqklAt
I was on the same party...
http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=61782603.3