Active Topics

So pr1.3 is out to some people but still releasing throughout this week. A lot of people had that sms bug where N9 were unable to receive a sms from iphone if the sms contained a smiley. Did anyone test out this on the pr1.3 to see if they fixed it?

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Thanx for raising that, not only that bug, what about the SMS malfunction where everything gets mixed into wrong contacts?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ms+malfunction

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Darkskyarts View Post
So pr1.3 is out to some people but still releasing throughout this week. A lot of people had that sms bug where N9 were unable to receive a sms from iphone if the sms contained a smiley. Did anyone test out this on the pr1.3 to see if they fixed it?
There is a fix for iphone emojis, but it didn't make into PR1.3. So you need to wait and hope that it will make into some possible maintenance update.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-07-04 at 22:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
There is a fix for iphone emojis, but it didn't make into PR1.3. So you need to wait and hope that it will make into some possible maintenance update.
Most likely a CSSU update if there is one for the N9

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
That implies that there are still some people working there?

If we set up a mini buglist with the community's "most wanted" non-critical bugs to be fixed and donate money/gifts/cake to engineers to fix them outside of work hours, would that work?
Does the Nokia project management allow work outside of assigned bugs?

(I'll donate 1kg of rocky road / flapjacks / brownies shipped to any Nokia office, for VKB arrow keys working in the SMS window please)

Where I work, I could easily fix bugs in our product (but probably not introduce features) out of hours - management would be happy at more bugs fixed, and I would have cake. Win-win!

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
from sotiris' tweets it looks like a small number of people are still working on the n9...maybe pr1.4 really exists...we should start a new thread and hope they read and fix some of the bugs...

im waiting for that update 2..hey mates is there anyone of u know how to make the brightness stable..coz im not comfortable in changing brightness in n9..

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I just received a Skype message under a gtalk IM unrelated contact on my N9. So NOO, the bug was not fixed

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Netherlands
Any news about this "iPhone sms to Nokia N9"issue?

Is there any chance this could be a fix? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86704

The Following User Says Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post: