Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Here is what was said regarding the battery issue, as usual from an individual in Jolla, not JollaHQ
Big thanks though to Stefano for finding the answer.
Of course, seeing my tweets with Stefano made JollaHQ twit an answer, days after I brought it up, asking directly including them.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
For me that sounds more like:
We have not enough batteries and we need them for our repair centres.
Anyway if that is really the case. They should tell us a fixed date when we can order spare batteries. It shouldn't be so difficult to produce enough batteries.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
People should really chill.

One is selling his device, another is talking about cheating and losing belief...

There is no official statement about this issue. Just wait for the statement and then judge. Screen protectors are also an important thing that should be available right after the release so the screen does not get scratched in the meanwhile, yet it appeared in the store just today (8months after the release).

There's no reason why they should oppose selling batteries -it's an additional income. What I'm getting from Stefano's answer is that they will eventually sell it, they just don't have enough stock right now to be able to both sell batteries and having enough for warranty repairs.

I just don't get why people think Jolla has intentions to cheat them. This feeling usually lasts until someone from Jolla explains it, then there're few days (weeks) of quiet before someone shouts "they are actively trying to screw us" and everything starts again. It reminds me of unhealthy relationships

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-08-18 at 16:23.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
People should really chill.

One is selling his device, another is talking about cheating and losing belief...

There is no official statement about this issue. Just wait for the statement and then judge. Screen protectors are also an important thing that should be available right after the release so the screen does not get scratched in the meanwhile. Yet it appeared in the store just today (8months after the release).

There's no reason why they should oppose selling batteries -it's an additional income. What I'm getting from Stefano's answer is that they will eventually sell it, they just don't have enough stock to be able to both sell batteries yet having enough for warranty repairs.
no official statement?
obviously you dont know who Stefano is dude.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
no official statement?
obviously you dont know who Stefano is dude.
You mean

Co-founder @ Jolla; Home of my personal thoughts, not the ones of my company.

dude?

here is the official statement "we are working on it" is that good enough?
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I haven't wrote about that I feel cheated nor that I have lost my belief. There are a lot of ifs in my post. But what i actually can't understand is why it is so difficult to offer batteries and if there are good reasons, why they don't act more transparent and tell us. There even is no official statement that there will be spare batteries to order.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
here is the official statement "we are working on it" is that good enough?
For me that is enough at the moment.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
What's going on with Jolla?? From time to time when I check this community I see more and more problems not from the product (the phone itself) but from the company...

I have put my beliefs in Jolla as it has something different to give to the phone industry, but all I see the last time is more and more problems..
I can't understand why, but some of them are unrespectable (like this one with the battery!)

Jolla is, in my opinion, not really well known (just like Samsung etc), especially here in Greece and with these actions is losing more and more customers and it's a pity!

I hope that they will change their mind soon, before it is too late...

I would say, it is not individual people within the company. On an individual employee level people are being answered. But there is clearly a publicity issue from the company side.
I guess atm they are focusing really hard on releases and availability around the world, more than issues.
Yes, I hope this will change, and they will get enough ressources to work with the community

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, jolla, jolla phone