There is a problem if wanting to use channels 12 and 13 on device with "all telephony functions disabled" problem:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=21

As for now, I have no idea how to properly fix it Still, it would suggest that /usr/sbin/sscd is responsible for handling it, and if we omit starting sscd at all, something else disables channels 12 and 13 in a very irritating, stubborn way (if sscd is running, even on a simless device, issuing iw reg set JP or EU once per itnerface start is enough, without sscd, it constantly keep switching itself to US, until you actually associate with AP).

/Estel

// Edit (from other thread)

It seems that creating a file /etc/modprobe.d/cfg80211 with content like:

Code:
options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=JP
... makes channels 12 and 13 available as soon as modules (wl112xx, max80211, cfg80211, in that order) are loaded - so, it's better than any hack involving "iw reg set JP", because it doesn't require you to put the latter command into every thing that may enable or disable WiFi (advanced interface switcher, cleven, etc). Your modules just get loaded with proper config.

Hoever, it [b*doesn't*[/b] fix the issue with omitting /usr/sbin/sscd from start - just like with setting reg via iw, some s**t overwrites reg to US as soon as you (or device, automatically) scans for device. Why someone at Nokia coded something in such stupid way, that it overwrites variable took from module loadtime parameter, is beyond me Still searching for a way to disable useless SIM related things on device without functioning modem, and have upper WiFi channels fully available at the same time...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-07-10 at 02:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: