Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You summarized adequately in your usual hostile, denigrating, negative, sarcastic, pointless way, sure.

Why are you still here?
Actually, I'm not still here; that's why it took so long for me to see your comment asking me a question. Now you have asked me another question.

You asked me if I had read that earlier post. I explained that I didn't trust in paying a lot of money for something based on somebody (who I have no reason to trust, and who specified that they weren't promising) saying that they might be able to help if I suddenly had a useless small computer, even if the problem was 100% caused by Nokia.

I offer to anyone here -- send me $400 and I'll try to give you $400 in value back. But I can't promise. And I get to keep the money, regardless.

You basically challenged me on whether I had read the last post of the man, and I furnished the quote. It turned out that the quote entirely substantiated my comment.

As to being denigrating, sarcastic, etc, I plead guilty. Sorry about that.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
The question was meant in a broader sense. But never mind. I was out of place for asking.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
So I get home from work, scan the forums, answer an e-mail, then get called for dinner. Just as I finish my salad the door bell rings...
Soup for me!... I kid you not.
I hadn't bothered to check the tracking after talking to DHL this morning. It seems a weather delayed plane got to my final delivery airport at 11.02 this AM and my phone was the last delivery my driver had before her 1, 1/2 hour drive back to the depot.

I'm charging it now and can't wait to play.

BTW Qole,

Customs Value: NDS
Imp/Exp Type: Permanent
IV: 0.00 EUR

SLN member # 009

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
The dead pixel is immediately apparent when I started up the device (after Nokia logo) because its white where the rest is black. Its also in ~middle of screen, distracting me the whole time, and pissing me off. It is especially apparent in dark backgrounds, but it appears to be gray as well, so I thought it might not be a 'hot pixel' (always active). I installed mplayer, and ran mplayer -loop 0 jscreenfix_720pal_mpeg2.mpg for a day. Did not fix it. This morning I send device back. (If someone can use this specific device for _anything_ including but not limited to development while not being distracted all the power to them!)

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I meant exactly that. Good that you contacted the DDP
Alright. Quick and professional response, I'm confident it'll be solved.

This problem happens to the best LCD products it is just the timing in my case is unfortunate because I had to also send back my current phone. Also, in this specific program we have one week for RMA so it is important to find any quirks ASAP.

FWIW, here is a dead pixel test page which uses javascript and images. This one works on N900. The other ones I know are either WIn32 or Java.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
No, it cleared customs but got on the wrong bus to Cincinatti
Mine did go to CIncinnati too. Mine says it was "cleared" in Cincinnati, so I believe customs was in Cincinnati instead of NYC. It may very well be so that all DHL shipments from Europe to US do go to Cincinnati for customs clearance. (Unless someone here prove me wrong... )

Last edited by Mara; 2009-12-13 at 22:51.

Got my N900 last Thursday but had to send it back because the vibration alert stopped working after a few hours. Maybe another test you want to do within the first week? Regards, Tilman
Edit: Instead of the vibration (on incoming call e.g.) I heard a very faint very high pitch sound coming from the device. I guess the eccentric weight lost contact with the motor. I checked the preferences: vibration set to on.

Last edited by tvogel; 2009-12-14 at 08:08. Reason: add detail

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tvogel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tvogel View Post
Got my N900 last Thursday but had to send it back because the vibration alert stopped working after a few hours. Maybe another test you want to do within the first week? Regards, Tilman
I just noticed mine has no touch screen vibration. The vibrator fires up when I boot the thing so I'm thinkin' it might be software related.

It's not something I miss because I never had it to begin with... so mine is staying put and not going anywhere.

... unless someone thinks this is indicative of a larger problem?

SLN member # 009

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Isn't that controlled by a setting?

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
yes it is but "Display > Touch screen vibration" has no effect either way.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
It may very well be so that all DHL shipments from Europe to US do go to Cincinnati for customs clearance.
I've no idea why, but my N900 decided to skip the Cincinnati tour bus, instead going straight from New York City-Gateway to Harrisburg, PA over the weekend. On the plus side, I should receive it today.