Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by noal View Post
Thanks Dan, I've registered my interest and await an e-mail from google. Seems they are a bit full!

It certainly seems a more rounded experience than facebook.
Shoot me your Google mail addresses in a private note here on TMO and I'll send invites.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by NaciEagle View Post
I need an invite, please
PM me your gmail addy.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Seems like a BUNCH of you are already over at Google+... good for you! I must say that it's been far better, generally, than the forums for conversation. Adding to that, the much more personal touch of throwing together a voice, video, chat and youtube HUDDLE session. So far, I'm really digging Google+ over Facebook! I hope they fix up the Android app, though, it seems to be lacking.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
my nick is "gabby131" on Google plus! If you want to get bored, then add me

EDIT: oooops! my "Search visibility" was unchecked...sorry, It's checked now

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
well don't get me wrong, Android CAN work AS WELL as iOS if they got a good developing team behind it to make the tablet type apps, but if you want something MORE functional than the iOS, you need a platform that wasn't originally a phone's platform.

The Following User Says Thank You to lionkingZ For This Useful Post:
I have a confession to make, I'm not on facebook. In fact I don't really know what facebook is other than a profile of a person. What am I missing out on and should I be seeking a Google+ invite?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
my nick is "gabby131" on Google plus! If you want to get bored, then add me

EDIT: oooops! my "Search visibility" was unchecked...sorry, It's checked now
gabby131,

I might be wrong but it looks like you have to search by proper name as gabby131 is turning up nothing.

I'm Neil White by the way, in case anybody was interested...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
I have a confession to make, I'm not on facebook. In fact I don't really know what facebook is other than a profile of a person. What am I missing out on and should I be seeking a Google+ invite?
I am also not on facebook.

I think google+ could almost replace forums for informed chat on a wide variety of subjects, without idiots shoving their oar in.

Although informed chat might be beyond my capabilities!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
I'd recommend getting a Google+, but I'm biased. I resisted these things for a long time, too, but eventually got into it and I'm finding it's a FAR better experience than the forums for follow your family, friends and acquaintances as well as your interests (varied, not just Maemo like here). Google+ is ESPECIALLY nice because it focuses HIGHLY on privacy and management of your friends into circles and Google has made overtures of not surprising everyone with automatically opting you into privacy-damaging new features or functions like Facebook as been notorious for doing repeatedly. That's my take, anyway. Hope to see you there! Let me know if you want an invite (PM me your gmail email address), I'll throw one your way.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Ok, I had to come back to post this, it's too cool....

First off, thanks to all my friends for their kind words and invite requests. It means more than you know. If you have a spare, I'd love to join Google+ with you all!

Anywhoo, here's the reason I am such a strong proponent of the Exynos 4210 SoC (found in the Galaxy SII). Here is a video of the ODroid-A (featuring the Exynos 4210) running Ubuntu like a CHAMP at a full-sized-laptop 1366x768 resolution . It's running at a clip that might have you thinking it was running on a netbook!

Next years tablets will be full fledged laptop replacements -- yes for 'real' productivity too.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCPBmnAydlQ
BLOG: http://hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/blog/blog_list.php

For those that don't know, the Exynos 4210 (AFAICT) is a pure ARM system-on-chip. All of the design IP was created by ARM, which has benefits of quick time to market, and insight into on-chip efficiencies. It also features an amazingly powerful GPU (Mali 400). The only SoC currently on the market to challenge this on all fronts is the Apple A5.

Damn, I miss this forum....

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2011-07-26 at 20:56.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy