Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
So just making a thread for update10 discussions as old one didn't make much sense any more and got closed.

Current info:
[Official announcement] Current status of Update10
We've been working hard on improving the out of memory (OOM) handling by the OS since the update9 opt-in was released. A portion of our time went into demo preparations for Slush and of course the tablet launch. This has left us lagging a bit behind the internal release schedule for update10.

https://together.jolla.com/question/...#post-id-68295
We did a post-mortem on late releases to figure out what went wrong with our development cycle and surely do not mind sharing our thoughts on this here. One of main reasons has been that we underestimated the work needed to successfully complete the Qt5.2 transition. We also made a conscious decision to leave for summer vacation together, leaving the development branch open for contributions without integration promotions (QA) to testing repository for that period. When we returned, it took double the time to stabilize the development branch before going forward. Coupled with losing a few of our fellow sailors, our developers had to stretch beyond their comfort zones to debug and attempt finding the root cause of the crashes, performance hits, connectivity issues, memory handling among other things. We have moved slowly, but steadily.

On a positive note, we have amended our integration process to avoid the pitfalls we faced during this transition. We have also enabled better ways to develop new features and technology in parallel with the main codebase, allowing integration only when code is relatively stable.

As for content of update10, this post is not the complete changelog. It just aims to update you on the reason we flagged update9 as suitable for opt-in.
I'll try to keep the front page updated.

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2014-12-03 at 07:32.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Was there another opt-in update? Decided to not risk it as safe one was just around the corner, might need to find 2h (for potential getting back from 1.0.5) and finally go through it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yeah, we need a thread while waiting and so we get a heads up with all opt-in and updates running around. We also need a place to celebrate when the update finally arrives.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yeah, we need a thread while waiting and so we get a heads up with all opt-in and updates running around. We also need a place to celebrate when the update finally arrives.
Well, it is sort of countdown...
But am asking as the tjc update suggests Jolla did quite a few changes/fixes, if they tackled wifi problems would happily update right away to help with oom, can help with this, not really if it breaks my connectivity

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Well, it is sort of countdown...
But am asking as the tjc update suggests Jolla did quite a few changes/fixes, if they tackled wifi problems would happily update right away to help with oom, can help with this, not really if it breaks my connectivity
after they released the opt-in update the next day they released a hot fix to solve the connection issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
19th is the last day of buissness. After that I would assume some, if not all jollas leave for holidays for a few weeks. Or do jolla have standard finnish vacations?

You might not want the push an update last day? So we have a two weeks window from right now.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
19th is the last day of buissness. After that I would assume some, if not all jollas leave for holidays for a few weeks. Or do jolla have standard finnish vacations?

You might not want the push an update last day? So we have a two weeks window from right now.
Well if they plan to release best to do it this week or next after that if there some serious issues no one would be there to release any hot-fixes

I want full copy & paste functionality in the browser.

It is all I ask for so far.

Also... I like my Jolla

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
I want full copy & paste functionality in the browser.

It is all I ask for so far.
Good for you. I want full c&p everywhere. So I can e.g. copy a phone number from the last call and paste it in the terminal. Or copy part of the text from the SMS and paste it in Skype. Wait, there is no Skype

Also... I like my Jolla
So do I.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
well it also says..

Finalisation of update10 depends on the above mentioned points and bringing SailfishOS version compatibility support for Jolla Store and Harbour. We really hope to release before Christmas, though in the event we are unable to accomplish the improvements stated above by the end of next week (=1 week before Christmas holidays begin), we will not release update10 during December. We prefer to not release at the start of a vacation period when we are not around to support you in the first few days of a new release
so if its not here by next week.. we will then have to wait till next year D: