Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
- Upset about the Amazon/OnSale Fiasco? Complain to Amazon and get Amazon credit for your cancelled order. You can get from $0 to $30. Simply chat with them or call them. Make sure to complain! LINK

- Want to leave OnSale a review? Go right ahead!

- Seems like the OnSale phone line has crashed. It seems harder to contact them than getting a TouchPad.

- If you placed an order with OnSale through Amazon. Call Onsale at 1-800-896-2011. Give them your Amazon order number and ask about the status of your order. Also, ask them for your OnSale order number (not the Amazon one), and Look Here to see the real status.
That's from the web...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
This can't.... be. Like 2hrs ago, HP Home & Home Office Store said "coming soon". Now, for both 16 and 32GB models it says "out of stock". Seriously, wtf? The more and more i spend time on this "interesting" hunt, the more i just want a MeeGo product (like the Acer M500), even if it's only a tablet not a handset. And NOT spending even more time for this obvious... shite of a spending run.

EDIT:

HP Home TouchPads 16GB and 32GB went from “Coming Soon” back to “Out of Stock”. What does this mean? We have to figure it out ASAP! To clarify, it did not go on sale during the night.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-08-25 at 13:12.

Don't give up guys, keep hunting and the bargins will come

It would be nice to see some familiar names in the Pre Central forums, that place has become so flooded with all of the newbs, the nerds have gone into hiding

Good luck with the search

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Don't give up guys, keep hunting and the bargins will come

It would be nice to see some familiar names in the Pre Central forums, that place has become so flooded with all of the newbs, the nerds have gone into hiding

Good luck with the search
Hrzhrz i know what you mean. it's like when a certain country apparently got N900.

Found one last night but could not reserve it due to some web site fault, by the early ours of the morning before shops even had open, it was gone, so someone working in the shop must have grabbed it once they became aware of it. What is annoying is these people are saying as such product are discontinued they not selling them any more, when is clear they had the item in stock before shop was open to the public, well this is total bull as i have purchased discontinued stuff from same chain of shops before, the people working there are just grabbing these offers when we find them.

When this was announced, I was reading that Dixons in Dublin airport was reporting as having 60 in stock but when people went to get some in the early hours of the morning when shop opened, they were informed such units suppose to have all been reserved (probably for members of staff or family or friends i guess)

It just shows you if the price is right, these products would shift very quickly, however now a-days companies are just too gridy and keep prices inflated, shame the chinese don't buy them out and start producing this units at this price, they certainly would become as big in this area as apple or android very soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
That's from the web...
I did complain (e-mail) and they didn't even answer. Losers.

is this real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t1RyqQTvyQ

Apparently so, there are it is all over the web.

I am more interested in LXDE

it's sooooo beautiful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
It just shows you if the price is right, these products would shift very quickly, however now a-days companies are just too gridy and keep prices inflated, shame the chinese don't buy them out and start producing this units at this price, they certainly would become as big in this area as apple or android very soon.
Cost of materials for the touchpad is 300$. Not counting support, webos development, marketing, shipping, etc...
Here is a review of a real 99$ tablet, make your own conclusions on inflated prices

Though there are interesting articles on the prices of tablets.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Can anyone make any sense from this?

http://touch-droid.com/statement.pdf