This post should be made a stick for all those n900 users still out there who have not yet experienced a broken usb and would like to prevent it from happening on their device.

Sadly for me is a bit too late now, as mine is now also broken!

So here is the solution:
http://www.symbianoasis.com/2010/01/...b-problem.html

Very simply, to prevent the usb from being pulled out, file down the latches in the actual microusb power cable side which is designed not to let go that easy and in turn is tearing out the microusb connector from inside the n900.

Please DO NOT merge this thread with another.

Last edited by windows7; 2011-11-11 at 02:30. Reason: changing title

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
This information has been known pretty much from the beginning when N900 came out. But maybe some never stumbled on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Yup, not that new, see date on photots: Jan 2010. Good advice, all the same. Next best thing for those too timid for dr_frost_dk's mods! A girlfriend's nail file does a pretty good job!

With all the talks about the broken USB problem going on here, i had been very careful all along until when i least expected and it still happen. Just wish i read about this before.

Hope that many people here will read about this fix, after all i personally do think the N900 is quite well build.