Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Example: I searched "packaging" in development, and then clicked on the link for Chapter 7: Packaging an Application. Nevermind that was for Maemo 4: the point is that the link was broken. This has been the case with the majority of searches i've done.

I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix that, but i suspect that finding a bunch of outdated, broken links is not intended behavior.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
FYI, some of us are "behind the scenes" working on the linkage and dead page issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Thanks for that. I'm just reporting the search issue because it doesn't seem very useful as it is now. If someone can tell me how to improve it, i will work on it.

Edit: i see it's being worked on. Great!

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
But it is true that in general searching is painful. The paradox is that maemo.org search is based on Google paid services, so it's not because of lack of interest.

Together with Singlie Sign-On, "Single Search" is a critical aspect of a satisfactory maemo.org user experience.

About old docs I agree, there are many and for some reason they appear upfront too often.

Tags
broken links, search