Here in germany we say: "Wes Brot ich ess, des Lied ich sing", or "he who pays the piper, calls the tune", if those online glossaries are right It was the right action from nokia. It's the first time mr. Murtazin gets some pressure. In the past, almost everyone tought that we get un-biased reviews from his site. But when you look at the video- it's full of legal statements and it seem his lawyer sits right behind the camera. "No property from Nokia" = got the N8 prototype from a middleman. "No research consultant for Samsung" = i'm not working for samsung as a RESEARCH consultant. But who knows, maybe he works for samsung as a "tech consultant"
My conclusion: mobile-review is a biased site and Eldar Murtazin is payed by some mobile tech companies. Im mean just look here: http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/...en-is-missing/ Ok, this is not an official letter to Eldar Murtazin, but i think Nokia did this blog post additionally to an official letter so it's not that easy for mr. Murtazin to talk himself out of it. He still tries, but who trusts this guy anymore?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
You just took those words out of my mind. The only thing the iphone brought to the world was capacitative screen and accelerometer.Of course it opened the eyes of many Americans to the updated mobile technology.
And AppStore and finger friendly UI (w/ usable keyboard) and a pretty damn great browser (circa 2007), and (still) the best implementation of handheld mapping app, and direct download of content.. and still a few other things.

I'd say there's a tad more to it than just capacitive screen and accelerometer.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
The 5800XM isn't two years old.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
..but one year and 8 months..

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by volt View Post
The 5800XM isn't two years old.
Yeah, let's start splitting hairs.

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
..but one year and 8 months..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jnwi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
I don't know how long most of you keep your devices, but I tend to change every 18 months or so.

That means another 12 months with my N900. There'll hopefully be another official Nokia firmware update and mabe even an unofficial Meego option within that time.

PLUS all the amazing apps that are coming through for Maemo 5 - Black Plastic theme, MyContacts and Horizontal Call being three I'm playing with right now...

In fact, the next 12 months looks so promising that I might not bother to change devices next year!

Because of this community I have the utmost confidence in N900 and looking at other Nokia models the support by way of firmware upgrades is impressive, IMO.

What Nokia need to do now is release a new model that is more sorted at launch. Nothing will ever be perfect and unless they dumb it down to iphone levels that'll be a big task to pull off.

I will watch the N8, N9 and new Meego device launches with interest. I am greatly impressed by iPhone4 and Android, but nothng I've seen yet comes close to the N900's combination of hardware/practicality (replaceable battery, keypad, camera) software (amazing multitasking, stability and speed) and support (primarily this community, secondarily Nokia)

What more do you want, or expect from a device?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
I wouldn't say the iPhone brought the accelerometer (I think the N95 had one), and neither capacitive screen (cant find a link). I remember downloading content from the web browser in some of my earliest phones (3510i by Nokia, but I think the service was provided by the operator) but I have had a thing such as PlayNow store in my SE K300i (with games, apps etc), so can't say they brought us that either. (Although not the same as made popular, as they apparently did)

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
The iPhone success is due to Apple. It's not like the iPhone had great hardware or a great OS. The first iteration was pathetic compared to an N95 8GB.

Before the numerous Apple fanbois jump on me now, I must say thet most issues are fixed now. But the first iteration used to drop calls, didn't have MMS, didn't support 3G, had a very limited (still have) browser where flash, silverlight, javascript didn't work or didn't work well, had a horrible camera, no flash, crashed often and was fairly slow.

But people still thought it was much better than any other phone out there, including HTC, Blackberry, and Nokia. It's still happening today. People were talking about facetime like it was alien technology sent from the future.

Apple have built an image were all they touch is gold. Look at the Ipod (original ones). People who bought them used to strut around as if they had something special. It was just an Mp3 player..better and cheaper solutions existed..but an Ipod was Apple.

The 3G was fairly good. The 3GS was..umm ridiculous. Same design, same OS, just a few minor changes.. And I feel that iPhone 4 took a bit step back in compared with the iPhone 3G. But that's my opinion.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
The iPhone success is due to Apple... I feel that iPhone 4 took a bit step back in compared with the iPhone 3G. But that's my opinion.
I'm interested in that opinion as iPhone4 impresses me the most - care to expand your views?

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
I don't own an iPhone 4. I only owned the iPhone 3GS for 3 weeks. And I realise that iPhone 4 specs are better (it would be stupid if they were worse).

But I am not hearing about the iPhone 4 as much as about the iPhone 3G or 3GS. There isn't as much hype and speculation. With the release of iPhone 3G and 3GS, blogs and wannabe techies used to write article after article about the iPhone 3G/S.

Now this might be because of Android, and many have turned to it instead of Apple. But it seems that the hype has died a lot quicker with the iPhone 4 than with 2G/3G/3GS and most of the iPhone's appeal was the hype. Plus they aren't bringing many new innovations. Just adding features and throwing hardware.

Editted because I was so wrong about sales numbers..but the excitement is definitely less than when iPhone 3G was released.

Last edited by pantera1989; 2010-07-09 at 11:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post: