Active Topics

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by bibek View Post
It seems rocket should not consume too much power as event feed publication is handled by system, without the app running. (pretty cool style in harmattan )

for twitter client cache cleaning, use this once a day.
rm home/user/.cache/data/twitter/twcache*

u can create a desktop file to do the action on click, or whatever way you like
yea, found it, thanks
just re-installed profilematic, and is trying to make my maemo-scrobbler (or maybe other daemons too if I get this done properly) daemon to start manually only when I am charging my device. However, adding scrobbler.override to /etc/init/apps do not seem to work (appended "manual" to the .conf file directly doesn't work too).

Last edited by Jeffrey04; 2013-01-27 at 05:07.

Btw. i don't use none of this apps: fastern9, rocket, facebook app, wazap, profile or ringrestore, and any feed update is set to manualy, all background connections are off, no email client on use, where almost all of this activities i use webbrowser opera or firefox and not that much, but the battery drains within 24h only about 20-30% is left!
I use twitter but manualy connected and rarelly post any pic or tweet.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by An9 View Post
Btw. i don't use none of this apps: fastern9, rocket, facebook app, wazap, profile or ringrestore, and any feed update is set to manualy, all background connections are off, no email client on use, where almost all of this activities i use webbrowser opera or firefox and not that much, but the battery drains within 24h only about 20-30% is left!
I use twitter but manualy connected and rarelly post any pic or tweet.
ran powertop? or energy profiler?
or have you at least run (h)top to see what is taking up all the system resources? if you don't have data pulled to ur device periodically, it shouldn't drain the battery?!?

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Attached powertop .deb
General warnings apply when installing .debs from the net I am not responsible.youHowever there should nothing go wrong as it comes from:
downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/tools/powertop_1.13.68+0m6_armel.deb

I don't even own a N9:P But pleased to help you
can anyone install this from the attachment? i get 'invalid installation package'

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by jorge View Post
can anyone install this from the attachment? i get 'invalid installation package'
just do in terminal as root: "apt-get install powertop"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
Most of the time it would be around 15mA, but there are times it would shoot up to ~35mA, or even ~55mA, ~80mA, > 100mA.
That's almost as much as mine active. (Yes, it hasn't seen much use. )

On my main phone which I actively use the idle power consumption ranges between 3-14mA. I'm usually online with XMPP enabled in the default message client, but not much other additional things are running. Maybe an ssh connection to the server where I run screen+irssi.

Sometimes I listen to music or FM/internet radio when the phone is in LPS mode, which raises idle power consumption as seen by budaemon considerably (to 30mA+ IIRC). Though one can debate if listening to music can be considered as idle or not.

Pretty much all the IM's work thru XMPP transport, which is done on the server side, so there is no need to have additional clients running even if you are online on several networks (ICQ, Facebook, Twitter, GoogleTalk, MSN...). Dunno if whatsapp works through it, probably not and I don't care. (basically whatsapp devs just took XMPP, intentionally broke the compatibility and rebranded it.)

About powertop. I set it like this to monitor idle power consumption:
Code:
# (powertop -s 30 > /dev/shm/powertop.txt &)
Then close the terminal and put device into idle. After few minutes i wake up the phone, open terminal and
Code:
$ cat /dev/shm/powertop.txt
to read the results. Writing can be done to the mass storage too, I suppose, I just used the ramdisk as I don't know any better. I couldn't figure out much from the output on N9 though as it seems already quite well optimized. I made /usr/bin/smartsearch unexecutable, which probably saves some juice and few times i've spotted some runaway process (fennec mostly), which i've then been able to kill.

(-s 30 flag means sleep 30s before monitoring and the redirection ">" just writes the results into a file. Brackets "()" and "&" make the command run in the background so it won't get killed when I close the terminal.)

Also I'm now trying to group writes to mass storage to see if it has any effect (probably not much).

Last edited by ladoga; 2013-01-30 at 06:47.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
I wonder what is the power consumption with NITroid installed?
does it improve?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
ran powertop? or energy profiler?
or have you at least run (h)top to see what is taking up all the system resources? if you don't have data pulled to ur device periodically, it shouldn't drain the battery?!?
Powertop is giving me error installing, and Energyprofiler says failed to start "pluging wakeup", but thanks for your concern...maybe i have to refllash sens there something is not as it should be with this device!

I am getting the wakeup plugin warning thingy, but shouldn't make energy profiler useless AFAIK?!

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
waking uop this old thread.
Powertop is installed but i didnt can start it.
sudo powertop
sudo: unable to execute /usr/sbin/powertop: Operation not permitted

even con devel-su not working.

Some advice?