how about,
sight problems, for particly blind [/SIZE][/B]people ( like me ),

nowadays latest phones it does not think us ....
if some think like s60 photo browser you can easly see the all icons and letters from all sizes that vould be nice, but NOT LIKE IPHONE 3GS ZOOM facilitys... because it is not easy to see and swich the apps, what was on the main screen before you start to zoom .

can some one helpppp

thanks.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you link to screenshots or a video showing what you are describing?

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you link to screenshots or a video showing what you are describing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV18P...rom=PL&index=7

samethink like this on the main menu to see the icons better..
thanx

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
I think you would unfortunately need an universal zooming solution for the whole device - I don't think it would help really much if you could zoom the main menu items (which remain the same always, i.e. you can learn the positions by heart) but then you enter an application that has the same size text and buttons as the main menu.

There is no universal solution like that available, and it unfortunately wouldn't be really easy to build in the software. I know some people with problems with their vision use an optical solution (i.e. a big lens or something like that) to help with small devices.

i understand but you can not use big lenses all the time, because when you put the lens you can see easly near from your device but on same time YOU CAN NOT look anywhere other then your phone because IT IS NOT CLEAR.....

all i want like this;
n97
go to settings
phone settings
display settings
font size, change it to the large font.

thats OK. when you do that on the main menu all icon and texts sizes changing to the bigger sizes, and 2 icons per line.....

CAN ANYONE DOES SAME THING ON N900 THATS THE WHAT I WANT

THANKS

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by galatasaray View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV18P...rom=PL&index=7

samethink like this on the main menu to see the icons better..
thanx
You mean the bit between 0:31 and 0:35 where a long press brings up a magnifier? I guess that could work, although currently a long press does other things in the desktop. (Doesn't do anything in the app launcher currently).

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
You mean the bit between 0:31 and 0:35 where a long press brings up a magnifier? I guess that could work, although currently a long press does other things in the desktop. (Doesn't do anything in the app launcher currently).
yes something like that

or

all i want like this;
n97
go to settings
phone settings
display settings
font size, change it to the large font.

thats OK. when you do that on the main menu all icon and texts sizes changing to the bigger sizes, and 2 icons per line.....

CAN ANYONE DOES SAME THING ON N900 THATS THE WHAT I WANT

THANKS