Is it possible?

I've got ideas in my head for layout etc.
It would need to be able to connect to a server to pull the times in, obviously. Maybe a list of servers, so the user can select the most relevant one to their location.
I'm thinking of a 3 dial layout, like this: oOo
Left (small) dial is high tide; middle dial is local time; right (small) dial is low tide.

I originally asked Noobmonkey to consider it, as he was asking for ideas.
This is what he said about the idea:

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
its a very interesting idea, i'm assuming it would need to feed in loation and tide data from somewhere?
would be good to do a separate post for this one, and see what others think, howver i might join in, sounds like a fun bit of learning
Maybe incorporating Desktop Clock Widget and Moonphase Widget would be a good start to the project.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Ooh'eck

We got no beach-casters amongst us then?

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Hehe, sometiumes these requests just take time
I'm still interested - albeit never made a widget... Do you know if there are any similar apps (open source ones?) available? as that could make my life alot easier, just porting and adjusting

(As i've never designed online feed software etc before) so as alladdin would say "Its a whole new worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld"
Hehe
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -