Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Isn't it being rude to say that someone like itsnotabigtruck is irresponsible and unreasonable when all he is trying to imply was that further transparency was needed...i'm amazed that a Council member would lead a personal attack when the other party is not attacking but asking for a more detailed explanation...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Isn't it being rude to say that someone like itsnotabigtruck is irresponsible and unreasonable when all he is trying to imply was that further transparency was needed...i'm amazed that a Council member would lead a personal attack when the other party is not attacking but asking for a more detailed explanation...
It's been clear that certain council members don't take anyone serious, that doesn't involve or support them getting a free N950 put in their pockets.... Surprising... I know....

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Guys, guys, it's okay. I know you're all confused, but you see, this is all really simple. All the N950s and N9s should have been given to me. Why? Cuz I said so. But mistakes were made. Devices went to people other than me. I didn't even apply (because, let's face it, I'm too awesome to submit sumissions and stuff, but I admit one of my biggest flaws is to forget how hard it is for others to see my greatness sometimes), and because of this, I cannot blame anyone involved for not remembering they should've sent the devices to me instead.

You all have my forgiveness, both those of you who failed to send me your devices and those of you who fail to see why I should have them. It's okay. Shhh. Everything's going to be fine. Now let's all move on to productive things.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
whatever the issue with the device allocations are at one side but to be attacking a respected community member personally by using those words that Estel just used is downright disrespectful.

Estel while we are arguing over the allocations, it doesn't mean we become personal enemies after all we can agree to disagree but attacking someone personally is not becoming of any person let alone an esteemed Councillor like you.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It's not true that we aren't reading responses.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Guys, guys, it's okay. I know you're all confused, but you see, this is all really simple. All the N950s and N9s should have been given to me. Why? Cuz I said so. But mistakes were made. Devices went to people other than me. I didn't even apply (because, let's face it, I'm too awesome to submit sumissions and stuff, but I admit one of my biggest flaws is to forget how hard it is for others to see my greatness sometimes), and because of this, I cannot blame anyone involved for not remembering they should've sent the devices to me instead.

You all have my forgiveness, both those of you who failed to send me your devices and those of you who fail to see why I should have them. It's okay. Shhh. Everything's going to be fine. Now let's all move on to productive things.
Bravo, +1

You deserve an N950 for this post alone.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post

i cried when i read this post keep it going
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It's not true that we aren't reading responses.
Don't waste your breath, I'm already on Estel's ignore list, next it'll be you too, you know, such a horrible thing that it is... lol... as if my life is now over, because Estel put me on his ignore list.

Edit: I want to thank my own damn post.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
A few words from a (non)deserving reciever if a CA award.

I completely understand the 'flaming' going on here, and I. also acknowledge the dissapointment from the many who did not get an award.
Some could have possibly considered joining one of the other device programs, like the coding competition, the council redirected a few to other programs, and community members also assisted in this way.
Please recognize, this is not an award given solely for being a productive developer.
The decisions were made, not only by contributions on this forum, but also other TMO related sources, like activity on IRC etc.
Now, as stated by others, we need to work hard on keeping this community alive at all.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
It's impossible to know the outcome of a "what-if" scenario, but I would never allow myself to be eligible for a competition I was organizing. There's a reason no contest is ever run that way.

If each phone is valued at $400 - a reasonable value given the current online prices - the council was responsible for $10000 worth of merchandise in this one program. The phones that the council reaped for themselves were worth $1600. While that isn't a massive sum, it's far more than enough to demand accountability. The council has shown anything but that.
Actually there was one N950 sold for 920 pounds(or was it euros?) on e-Bay yesterday, so your calculations are wrong :P. But that is not the point.

And while I agree that this was your only chance to get such a device having in mind the field you are contributing in (part of my contribution is in the same field, just the kernel is older, so I know), I really cannot understand your point re council members. Do you really think a public list with member names in the left column and their contributions in the right will do any good to the community? How exactly?

And honestly, what makes you think you deserve a CA more that SD69? I can bet it is the lack of information, as you were not here in the sad times that started approx an year ago. And I am not accusing you for being a new member, just stating the fact. You just have no clue.

I am talking about SD69 as it seems noone complains he is CA winner. Now, if the council members were not eligible for CA, that would've meant SD69 to be not eligible too. Which is unacceptable by any measurement.

And one more think - you said you bought your N9 using your hard earned money. So what? I fail to see the point, i.e. how does this fact makes you a more suitable for CA than others. I did the same, with the difference that I bought 2 N900 devices, without expecting anything in return. So did the others. Actually it was a very big surprise when qgil announced there will be 25 devices for CA, that was a totally unexpected move made by Nokia. I hope you will see my point.

Also the "harmattan community" should rethink once again what lma said in regard that it is better if the council members have harmattan devices - for good or bad all of them are N900 owners(AFAIK), they have never touched N9/50 (at least most of them). Think, isn't it possible once they have such devices, their attitude to "harmattan community" you find disrespectful now, to change. Not that I am implying they are disrespectful.

I will beg you and the others once again to stop that flamewar, it does not help anyone in any way. The same Council you're offending is supposed to lead the community in its hardest times. Think about that, not about those devices.

PS.

My post is not meant to be offensive in any way, if you find it that way, it is the language barrier

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
award, community, council, device, outcry