Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@weaselyguy you should install settings applet and enable widgets you need to have them in menu
@romu i wont make settings for tools and widgets applets. i'm developing new ones with built settings. it will be released when finished.
As far as I've seen in your screeshots, there is a new applet to select widgets we want to see in the system-ui, right?

coderus, so ive played around some, installed the ui, the duicontrolpanel, and some other things from your repo, they all work but i cannot get widgets or tools to show up in the pull down menu. I even re-installed opptimizer and have that running without inception (a big thanks to the aegis hack), i almost have everything i want for now set up on the phone but i cannot get widgets or tools, i have tried almost everything. any words of wisdom - here are two screen shots. one is the menu extension list - the other is what the menu pull down looks like after i highlight the widgets i want and do a sysuid restart with the power menu.
Attached Images

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
do you have /home/user/.status-menu folder? create it if not.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I had that problem also after playing around with Modern version, sometimes it display with a blank space and sometimes Safe mode entry. Changing back to Strandard menu and rebooting the device helped.

i have /home/user/.status-menu folder created - as of now nothing is in it though, could that be my problem?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
show me output of
Code:
ls -la /home/user/.status-menu

# ls -ls /home/user/.status-menu
total 4
4 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root259 Sep 6 20:46 items-order.conf
~ #

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Hi, I don't know if this is related to unrestricted system-ui but I have noticed some problems with the phone:
- after reboot, alarm screen doesn't show up when the phone is locked (similar to the status-bar extension app before)
- phone doesn't go automatically to standby after a period
- covering light sensor doesn't turn off the screen when in standby.

anyone else with similar issues?

no (10chars)

@kozzi, mine did that the first time i did this. It would not go to sleep. After uninstalling everything it still would not. I ended up reflashing

The Following User Says Thank You to weaselyguy For This Useful Post: