Notices

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Spain
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
These are latest log lines after a crash:
Code:
There was an IO error: Connection closed by server.
Connection closed.
Stopping timers.
Freeing up the connection.
Freeing up the socket.
Yappari will retry the connection in 10 seconds.
Segmentation fault
These are the last lines opening yappari from command line.
Crash after a couple of message received.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
These are latest log lines after a crash:
Code:
Log retrieved in 510 milliseconds.
Bottom reached
There was an IO error: Connection closed by server.
Connection closed.
Stopping timers.
Freeing up the connection.
Freeing up the socket.
Yappari will retry the connection in 10 seconds.
I noticed that Yappari was crashing very often on receiving messages on muted groups: I saw in main window that a conversation was going on on a muted group and suddenly crashed;
now I unmuted all the groups, to see if it stops crashing.

Anyway, there is a reason not to show any kind of notification on muted groups? I thought muting a group affected only sound notifications, while it seems to "hide" the group at all.
Thanks for the report, I'll try to force the crashes using muted groups to see if it has some relation.

Yes, muting groups completely hides new messages, not only sounds but also notifications. It's designed that way, so you can go about your things without having popups of a conversation you do not care about.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Thanks for the report, I'll try to force the crashes using muted groups to see if it has some relation.

Yes, muting groups completely hides new messages, not only sounds but also notifications. It's designed that way, so you can go about your things without having popups of a conversation you do not care about.
Sorry, it crashes often without muting groups, too....

Now I'm on wifi network and it seems all right for a running time of several hours..
Maybe this can help..

The Following User Says Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Sorry, it crashes often without muting groups, too....

Now I'm on wifi network and it seems all right for a running time of several hours..
Maybe this can help..
All right, thank you. I haven't had much time yet to investigate the issue, but my current belief is that the crash occurs when connectivity is lost or when it's regained.

The fact that the running platform is an embedded device makes it a bit more difficult to debug, but I'm on it; I just need to get a few straight hours of work and I hope it'll be solved easily once the problem has been found.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
simply install http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...5/sp-rich-core, so when the crash happens, there will be enough info captured for the developer to trace the problematic code.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
...but my current belief is that the crash occurs when connectivity is lost or when it's regained.
I am curious - by crash do folks mean the yappari gui disappears; or do they mean it freezes?

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
disappears, and you get disconnected. i have also got it many times on a good, stable network, same error log as the other users.

will try wht FMG suggested

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
disappears, and you get disconnected.
Thanks. Never had that - just the gui freeze, which I suspect is also connection related.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
simply install http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...5/sp-rich-core, so when the crash happens, there will be enough info captured for the developer to trace the problematic code.
Thanks! I'll look at it. I expected to be able to use a core file to debug this, but it seems that I am the only one who doesn't suffer from this crashes, so I'm yet to have a core that I can use.

I would like to request a new feature - on receiving a message, for it to show a icon on lock screen. Just like when u get a call or sms. Not urgent but would be nice =)
#1 Nokia N900 Feb- 2011 - June - 2013 (Dead motherboard)
#2 Nokia N900 July-2013 (CSSU Stable) - Present
#3 Nokia N900 April-2014 (CSSU Thumb) - Present

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ast007 For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari