The N900 notification light was so useful - Im sure it would be on the N9..

Why the discussion anyway - if you dont want it what's the point posting in here, so annoying!

Of course the led is only white, bit i am sure we can vary the frequency of it, when booting to rd mode the led is like a memory access indicator like a HDD light, so it can possibly blink very fast...

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
Of course the led is only white, bit i am sure we can vary the frequency of it, when booting to rd mode the led is like a memory access indicator like a HDD light, so it can possibly blink very fast...
Let's first get it working then make other requests...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
The N900 notification light was so useful - Im sure it would be on the N9..

Why the discussion anyway - if you dont want it what's the point posting in here, so annoying!
why so negative?
100% that the notification LED (on any device, but the N900 is the 1st NOKIA i ever owned (5 over 12 years) that has one...) are a GREAT feat.
i simply think it's a pity NOKIA dropped that feature so soon again after they introduced it
i value the Maemo community & the "creative" spirits as much as everyone, simply...

using that as a notification light...
(it's like using m$ LostDOS, whether on a computer, a phone, in a car or wherever...)
it's not designed to do that (any) job, and it seems silly to want to make it do things... for the sake of making it do things
pigs don't fly, ya know?

if they had put any though into the design of the LED, they'd have put it on the front, so that one can (more) easily see how the charging goes
as well as any other (useful) notification (new message, low battery, full battery, you name it...)

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
That led is pretty useless since it can display notifications on the amoled .
I have to agree. I actually prefer the AMOLED notifications, as on my N900 that blue LED going off all the time (yes, I know it was customisable) was a bit annoying with the amount of emails I got.

Would be good to be configurable for the N9 though, since it's there. Use as just a charging indicator is a bit silly.

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Let's first get it working then make other requests...
i suppose it is working, seen Mohammed AG vids from like last November or so...

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
i suppose it is working, seen Mohammed AG vids from like last November or so...
I saw a mod back then but it needed some deeper system hacking, maybe it is now possible to make a simpler app?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Seems like perfectly good "option" to me...
Other users proclamations that it won't be useful at all on the N9 seem rather odd.
It will be useful for some & it will come, just a matter of time, no need to worry there.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-08 at 08:49. Reason: typo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
noob question, is it possible for the N9's led to display other color than white?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
noob question, is it possible for the N9's led to display other color than white?
Its not possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: