Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
2. Issue with the contacts that have more than one number in one field type. e.g. if one contact has 2 numbers set as mobile will not get the second number synchronised back to the server.
This is my issue these days! Is that still a problem with N9?

Last edited by Discoveryellow; 2012-03-19 at 17:48.

I have an issue where not all numbers are synced from Google Contacts using MfE.

Some types of numbers (home/mobile/work) are not transfered to the phone, I would guess this is because the phone doesn't know how to map the type from Google to it's own format. On Google you are allowed to select type "custom" for a telephone number and enter your own text for the type. I haven't managed to get any of these synced, would it be possible to store these as "other" on the N9?

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
I changed my password for google account, and now email and caldav are failing to sync.. From what I'm reading, it should automatically prompt for a new password if it fails due to password, but its not doing that (using 1.2)..
And there does not seem to be any way to manually change the password (other than deleting both the gmail and caldav accounts and creating them again)?

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
oops didnt see your reply above. on 3G my idle usage is usually above 100mA.

i've done full flash of rootfs and emmc but the issue persists. i've 6 MfE accounts and 3 Gmail accounts set to up-to-date
emm, 6 MfE accounts?)) we have a limitation in 5 MfE accounts... I suppose that your problem is caused by too much connections that are established always (for always-on mode). More over, if you have some favorite folders in Gmail accounts you have on established connection per favorite folder plus connection for inbox. My advise to you is to switch some of the accounts on 10 or 20 mins interval instead of always on. I don't have any other idea (yet).

P.S. my idle consumption is 7-10mA for 2 gmail accounts, 1 MfE and 1 POP accounts. However, I'm usually using scheduled sync (don't see much point in always-on mode, but it is a personal preference )

Originally Posted by KTy View Post
Another "annoying" point is the notification on phone not in-synch with the server (especially for read/unread emails).
just check my answer in this tread about this feature/issue

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@thedead1440
Are you reffering to this bug: https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=198 for the battery drain?
I am very interested when it will be solved. Can't putmy accounts to always up to date due to it currently.
hmm, isn't it fixed in PR1.2? if not then at least as far as I can see the fix is in PR1.3 code.

Originally Posted by snowparang View Post
From your reply, does it matter WHERE the contacts come from?
yes, it does.

Originally Posted by snowparang View Post
If now I delete that Google account A from the phone, the contacts will still exist in my phone, isn't it?
No, all MfE contacts will be deleted during the account deletion.

NOTE: in PR1.2 there is a field in the contact's card that shows you contact's service (Facebook, Exchange, etc.).

Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
This is my issue these days! Is that still a problem with N9?
Like I wrote it before - it is a protocol limitation. So, no, it can't be fixed.

Originally Posted by glyph.se View Post
I have an issue where not all numbers are synced from Google Contacts using MfE.

Some types of numbers (home/mobile/work) are not transfered to the phone, I would guess this is because the phone doesn't know how to map the type from Google to it's own format. On Google you are allowed to select type "custom" for a telephone number and enter your own text for the type. I haven't managed to get any of these synced, would it be possible to store these as "other" on the N9?
emm, never tried it, so... I guess we need to check it :-D

Originally Posted by mooglez View Post
I changed my password for google account, and now email and caldav are failing to sync.. From what I'm reading, it should automatically prompt for a new password if it fails due to password, but its not doing that (using 1.2)..
And there does not seem to be any way to manually change the password (other than deleting both the gmail and caldav accounts and creating them again)?
well, re-creation of the account(s) is the simplest way, but we are good heroes, right?)) So, we are going to make it the right way .Can you check the messageserver logs during manual sync? What error is received from server?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2012-03-20 at 12:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post

well, re-creation of the account(s) is the simplest way, but we are good heroes, right?)) So, we are going to make it the right way .Can you check the messageserver logs during manual sync? What error is received from server?
Hmm, demo effect. Just as I was planning on doing a new manual sync to get fresh logs, the password dialog box popped up

So I guess everything is now working fine for me again.

The Following User Says Thank You to mooglez For This Useful Post:
I have a Gmail account configured as an "Other Email Account" and I have noticed that when sending plain-text emails that a newline is not included after my replies, even when explicitly entered into the email.

So that an email may end up looking like this:

Kind Regards,
Jon PritchardOn 23/03/12
Has anyone had these sort of issues before?

Thanks.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by mooglez View Post
Hmm, demo effect. Just as I was planning on doing a new manual sync to get fresh logs, the password dialog box popped up

So I guess everything is now working fine for me again.
good news

Just a small note: servers usually allows to use "old" password a little bit more for recently connected devices. So, usually you will not get this "sign-in" view instantly right after you changed the password on the server side.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
...hmm, isn't it fixed in PR1.2? if not then at least as far as I can see the fix is in PR1.3 code....
One issue was fixed, but a regression was introduced resulting in the same battery drainage pattern.
Have a look what the Nokia employee responsible for this fix wrote:
Yes that's correct, I strongly urged the release manager, multiple times, to
put the fix into 1.2 but it didn't make it in. I've also done the same for the
next release, including more requests this week, but unfortunately the fix is
still not in that yet either.

As best I can tell release management doesn't understand/believe that it's
important that this bug should be fixed and that fixing this issue should be
considered high priority.

It can't hurt if customers continue to request this bug be fixed, in comments
and by voting for this bug.
Currently I keep my GMail account syncing every 10 minutes, to avoid this problem. When it happens and I do not notice in time - my battery goes down in 2-3 hours from full charge.

Like I wrote it before - it is a protocol limitation. So, no, it can't be fixed.
Do you know why N900 worked with more than one number?

On the other note: Does anyone knows how to copy text from an inbox email (not the text that I type in, but text from somone else's email) to paste into an sms or calendar, etc?

Thanks!

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@Discoveryellow
You have to move message in question to the Drafts folder, then find it there and start editing it. Pretty complicated and unconvenient, but does the trick.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950