if they manage to make the 820 work i will be happy because it means all phones with aarch64 processors will work

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
or Chuck Norris

Or with an attachable unbreakable liquid metal multi tool it would be the ultimate McGyver smartphone - usable as a hammer, crowbar, whatever - brilliant ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Video of Turing phone :
https://twitter.com/LavishVintage/st...36798835957761
I cried a little bit...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmy neutron For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by jimmy neutron View Post
I cried a little bit...
But there is zero performance gain visible over Jolla C from that video imho. Even scrolling the app folder stutters? Might be the videoframerate.

Jolla store and settings took same time to start like on C. Shouldn't it be much faster given the specs? They sure have to work a "little" on Hardware Adaption.
And while i am ranting, i want to add that i completely dislike the unicolor stock app icons in light blue.
Indistinguishable, to flat, boring.
Plus a personal aversion against light blue, it is the comic sans of colors.
I asked the guy if they are stock and he confirmed.

Signs that do not strengthen my believe in him being a legit Turing Phone customer:
joined Twitter in May 2016, has 17 followers of which 15 are our community members that joined after he posted the photos...
The video contains the most boring stuff one can imagine when coming up with the idea "yay i got the Turing phone, lets show off".

Would buy nevertheless if there is a confirmed source, curiousity wins. Only my stomach tells me to not play the guinea pig this time.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-25 at 13:15.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
that's why i cried a little bit.. the phone is "released" and there is pretty much nothing out to show for.. except this one guy and a bunch off bend/scratch testing videos..

i really like the looks of this phone (and OS of course). And given the specs i agree it should preform better... I like to believe that this whole Turing Phone isn't a scam but their behavior is really really weird..

I just hope there will be some concrete facts and info about this instead of us sitting around and waiting & guessing (ranting).. because once again this is getting ridiculous...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmy neutron For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
Or with an attachable unbreakable liquid metal multi tool it would be the ultimate McGyver smartphone - usable as a hammer, crowbar, whatever - brilliant ;-)
If they go with Chuck Norris, the possibilities are endless:

"Turing, the first phone that does not break while you let it fall"

"Featured in all Starwars movies, as the Force"

"Frequent software updates, released as soon as we counted to infinity for you again"

"Turing Phone, and you are auto-corrected"

"......"

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-25 at 13:43.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jimmy neutron View Post
that's why i cried a little bit.. the phone is "released" and there is pretty much nothing out to show for.. except this one guy and a bunch off bend/scratch testing videos..

i really like the looks of this phone (and OS of course). And given the specs i agree it should preform better... I like to believe that this whole Turing Phone isn't a scam but their behavior is really really weird..

I just hope there will be some concrete facts and info about this instead of us sitting around and waiting & guessing (ranting).. because once again this is getting ridiculous...
Yes I agree with you about how strange they are acting.

When the Intex phone showed up on Ebay, Jolla claimed they were either stolen phones or a scam.

Today I saw a tweet from Jolla:

Press release: #Jolla and @IntexBrand announce the sales start of the #Intex #AquaFish powered by #SailfishOS: https://cdn.jolla.com/wp-content/upl...25_2016_74.pdf
But when clicking on the link I get a page not found error.

So are these phone coming or vaporware?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
@ka9yhd... At this point i really don't no ! According the a email i received form Turing Robotics Industry they have send out the first batch on July 22..

So maybe i have to be patient and wait for a video(unboxing/review) to pop up somewhere or it is indeed vaporware...

The intex phone is available on ebay..But there is a thread about that were you can find some info on how to order and such..

Kind Regards J Neutron

The Following User Says Thank You to jimmy neutron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
But when clicking on the link I get a page not found error.
https://cdn.jolla.com/wp-content/upl...25_2016_76.pdf

The Following User Says Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Video of Turing phone :
https://twitter.com/LavishVintage/st...36798835957761
We only see the front but phone looks like jolla1. Not convinced just a overhyped overpriced phone like oneplus.

I go fairphone next time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone