Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Oh my oh my, so much gloom and doom, one would think that you people havent heard that modern medicine has treatments ranging from violent such as ECT to mild, such as pill popping. There is nothing unexpected in what is going on with NOKIA. They need to lose weight, couple of pounds, they need to sweat and they need to work hard to be competitive. If they become extinct, so what? Another will rise and carry on the torch, its the beauty of human innovation.

I for one, see NOKIA on the right path. They do need to downsize, perhaps half of what they used to be, and focus, focus, focus on few good products. The future is cloudy, but so is anyones future. You got to fight and go for it. GOOOOOOO NOKIAAAAAAA and LUMIAAAAAA
I don't know. I'm a gadgeteer. Nokia used to have the coolest. N9 is cool, the 808 is cool, but they both are end of the line products and nothing cool seems to be on the horizon.

The Android camp actually have some cool stuff, and the future there looks bright (bright regarding more cool stuff). Then B2G and Tizen. Tizen on the Wave III could be a very nice experience, B2G on the Wave III could be nice - if I get over my distaste for a pure HTML5 phone. This could very well be the key for a totally open OS, even though the code would be ugly as hell.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Just 'swipe' ur wp

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Forget Tizen, forget everything. Latest (by Eldar Murtazin nonetheless, but he probably is spot on this time): Bada is dead
"Sad but probably true story. Bada users knew this a long time ago. I know it’s true since all my friends want to play Wordfeud, Draw something and chat with WhatsApp. I can only reply by saying that I hava a bada phone, which is frowned upon because nobody knows it. Having said that, Bada can in no way compete with android due to lack of speed, support and functionality. The idea of Bada was nice, but the phone-market is completely locked in." - from the comments.

Ha, ha ha, hahaha. It's always the same.

"Oh, the platform i'd chosen for my mobile has no access to the latest fads that all my (mainstream) friends are into! It therefore must suck big time!"

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-24 at 20:16.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
android fanatics on this forum seems to be just as blind as lumiaman and iphone idiots.

the kill of bada, webos and maemo is ****ing not good for endusers!

I prefer alternatives. But reading this forum how fantastic android is make me wanna puke! For **** sake wake up from this ridicilous android religious fanatism

elop is an idiot but thinking android was better way to go is plaon stupid.

and to nokia: wakeup get the damn lowend qtdevices out before q2 end or else your are toyally doomed!!!

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
To be or not to be, in the future, that is the question for Nokia.

To make Tizen-devices or die, that is the answer.

"2.66 Euros = 3.50189 U.S. dollars" and going down.
there is no tizen it just a non working beta crap sdk.

nokia atleast did have a good sdk in form of QT and harmattan but the also have A desperate microsoft troll.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Guys, I have lost a few dollars on the last days news, but when all people are selling, I'm buying and you get it cheaper and cheaper too.

Lets see how things turn out 2,5 years from now. I'm still supprised that people like you just go after the negatives. Just look at history and some of the most valueble companies have been worth almost nothing at some point. It goes up and down. This goes for everything; countries, life, stocks...even beers.

But do not put all your beers in the same thread. Spread the beers to several threads if some threads are deleted in the future.
I dont think nokia will raise especially not with this rixicilous wp only strategy.. Also
european and US is dying. Its China who give european loans now...

What's funny (to me at least in a strange way) is that I am quite the gadgeteer and own a couple iPhones, an iPad2, a few webOS devices (including a 16 GB AT&T Pre 3), an ICS tablet, older Symbian phones and now and N9. Of all of those I'd rank webOS #1 for usability and MeeGo #2. Both "dead" OSes. Ah well.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

This will be the real use of NOKIA

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Nokia's Stock Downgraded To Junk Status

Quoting a Google+ posting:
"Oh, how the mighty have fallen. The once 'untouchable' market leader has officially been dowgraded to "junk" status by Fitch ratings agency, due to a more than halving of sales volume this time last year, and a bitterly negative future outlook (http://goo.gl/RCWU9). It would seem betting the company on a smartphone OS that was struggling to break into the market in a meaningful way wasn't the smartest of ideas, eh?"

You CAN reach your goals! Elop is living proof! heh
As I said, even on the social networks, I seem to sense the same sort of distaste and hostility toward Elop that we're seeing on here.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
android fanatics on this forum seems to be just as blind as lumiaman and iphone idiots.

the kill of bada, webos and maemo is ****ing not good for endusers!

I prefer alternatives. But reading this forum how fantastic android is make me wanna puke! For **** sake wake up from this ridicilous android religious fanatism

elop is an idiot but thinking android was better way to go is plaon stupid.

and to nokia: wakeup get the damn lowend qtdevices out before q2 end or else your are toyally doomed!!!
It's totally ******ed to support android. It will end up becoming what XP was for PCs we need as many alternatives as we can get. Not from Microsoft though.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Nokia's Stock Downgraded To Junk Status

You CAN reach your goals! Elop is living proof! heh
As I said, even on the social networks, I seem to sense the same sort of distaste and hostility toward Elop that we're seeing on here.
No dude didn't you check lumiamans post it's losing some weight and it's all been predicted.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen