Active Topics

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Bolivia
Hi guys,

I have a damaged N900. Its screen got broken some time ago, but I can access the device through SSH.

Anyway, the mobile phone I was using died so I was thinking on these possibilities:

1. Buy a new repair screen and fix my N900 screen.
2. Buy a brand new N900 (I love it)
3. Buy a brand new N9 (its Meego UI and the device both are beautiful, but I do not know how tweakable it is comparing it against the N900)
4. Wait for a Jolla phone (though it will be too expensive for my budget and having it into Latin America will be kind of hard, at least for now).
5. Wait for the Neo900 (though it will be more expensive than the Jolla, actually)

What option do you think is the best? Do you suggest me something different? Thanks!

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Well, if all you mentioned were available my order would be Jolla, N9, neo900 and new/repaired n900

I am guessing it all comes down to what you want/need from your phone.

Basic usage? Then I would definetly go woth N9, since its UI far superior to n900 in normal everyday usage.

Doing heavy texting/writing? n900 for sure. Also if you really need to do some extraordinery things.

N9 is not as good for mod/tweaking, but then again, for me there has been nothing really important missing.

If you wan't device that is almoust cutting edge/latest/supported by manufacturer then it is Jolla or to some extend neo900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Based on what I've read on your post:

As an owner of both the N9 and N900, I would say stick with the N900. As far as the rest go, I cannot comment on them.

The Following User Says Thank You to whayong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Someware
Originally Posted by ebasconp View Post
Hi guys,

I have a damaged N900. Its screen got broken some time ago, but I can access the device through SSH.

Anyway, the mobile phone I was using died so I was thinking on these possibilities:

1. Buy a new repair screen and fix my N900 screen.
2. Buy a brand new N900 (I love it)
3. Buy a brand new N9 (its Meego UI and the device both are beautiful, but I do not know how tweakable it is comparing it against the N900)
4. Wait for a Jolla phone (though it will be too expensive for my budget and having it into Latin America will be kind of hard, at least for now).
5. Wait for the Neo900 (though it will be more expensive than the Jolla, actually)

What option do you think is the best? Do you suggest me something different? Thanks!
Repair screen and fix N900 it's better than N9.

Now wait for the Neo900 and buy it.

The Following User Says Thank You to nelex-bgd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
repair your display and wait for neo or whatever

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia n9, nokia n900