Closed Thread
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
i asked first!

http://media3.giphy.com/media/fHekGKVKEpRgk/giphy.gif
I believe that everyone used some kind of manipulation at some points of life (like manipulating parents to buy a toy by crying etc.). The thing that counts is the intensivness, type, length and frequency. If this becomes a problem, then someone should seek a professional help to fight with it.

Last edited by fk_lx; 2014-05-28 at 18:19.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I think what is needed here is catharsis. This could be achieved by destroying your Jolla phone using any of the following:
  • Blender
  • Sledgehammer
  • Steamroller
  • Lobsters armed with lethal weapons

It may be unlike, but will it blend?

I think Dave999 should start a poll.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Amazon UK is selling Jolla smartphone (including international orders outside Europe).
It seems the comment below is related to this topic :
Phone from a company that supports discrimination of community members, 27 May 2014
By Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolla Sim Free Smartphone 16GB (Electronics)
Hardware is average, price is high - official reason for that is that you get OS not based on Android, which is partly open sourced and community plays a big role. In practice you can expect hardware bugs (like simcard holder problem) or open discrimination by the company if you are a community memeber:
[...]

I'm heavily disappointed by this product - phone, os and support was supposed to be something unlike, but the reality is that you pay a lot for something average with various problems included.
Is the goal to harm Jolla, Sailfish and its community ?

Was 10% of this negative energy put towards Stephen Elop killing MeeGo Harmattan, Meltemi, Qt on Nokia, stopping Maemo/MeeGo/Symbian support, etc ? Why not ?

In many times here I've seen part of TMO community over criticizing :
- the next wave of products (N900/Maemo 5 by N8x0/Maemo 4 users, N9/MeeGo by N8x0/N900/Maemo 4/55 users, Jolla/Sailfish by N8x0/N900/N9/Maemo 4/5/MeeGo users), because it doesn't have exactly the screen size he/she wants, some specific feature (FM transmiter), etc. But after some 1-2 years the so criticized smartphone/mobile OS becomes the preffered one... as it was the lone survivor of mobile Linux OS being sold;
- many features of open-source licenses of the mobile OS and softwares, asking for 100% open-source mobile OS, even if hardware manufacturers don't allow it due to drivers licenses, if the mobile OS is 100% open source it can be copied/stolen by other companies in a couple of months, etc;
- the communication with Maemo 4/Maemo 5/MeeGo Harmattan/Sailfish paid developers, demanding more community participation, etc. But compare with Apple, Google, Microsoft "listenning" to community developers about theirs mobile OS directions, included components, etc ? For example, try to contact and convince Google developers to include Python in Android by default ?

I sincerely think that Maemo 4/5, MeeGo Harmattan and Sailfish (paid and community) developers (from Nokia and now Jolla) have made a great work, listenning from the community (e.g., include me, IPython 0.10 was included in MeeGo Harmattan default repositories after I've asked for it). It is not 100% ideal and it will never be as each person here has different preferences, companies need to sell, etc.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Amazon UK is selling Jolla smartphone (including international orders outside Europe).
It seems the comment below is related to this topic :

Is the goal to harm Jolla, Sailfish and its community ?
The goal is to warn other people from buying a product they might not like and supporting company that has problems with moral standards. Anyway, thanks for your opinion.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fk_lx View Post
The goal is to warn other people from buying a product they might not like and supporting company that has problems with moral standards. Anyway, thanks for your opinion.
No. To me it looks like, the goal is clearly to HARM Jolla, the community and other people owning a Jolla phone. Your energetic negativity towards Jolla is unreached and impressing in a very negative way.

I love this community, I love my Jolla and I can't get rid of the feeling that you are trying to deeply hurt everybody thinking in the same way as me (including me of course). But it's yourself who will be harmed the most in the end - by yourself and your own words you wrote everywhere for everybody to see...

Have you ever leaned back and tried to reflect about the situation and realised, what you're doing? No?

I feel deeply sorry for you.

Last edited by geekgirl74; 2014-05-28 at 21:27.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
I love that EVERYBODY here has an opinion about this.
plus the funny gifs....

seriously, it's like a circus in here!

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
fk_lx, you have way more problems than just being ignored by thp, which you have made clear why he is doing it. Your behaviour is poisonous, you don't contribute anything useful to the community. I think the Maemo community values and respects all the work that has been done by Stskeeps and thp on Mer/Maemo/Meego/Jolla. So far I have not seen anything from you.

You try to spread hate towards them, but it won't work. Stop this crap and get some psychiatric help.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
I love that EVERYBODY here has an opinion about this.
plus the funny gifs....

seriously, it's like a circus in here!
well, it's fk_lx vs everybody, so why shouldn't everybody have an opinion about this?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
If you start going after somebody's family, you have moved beyond a border that should never have been crossed. All your arguments are void.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
well, it's fk_lx vs everybody, so why shouldn't everybody have an opinion about this?
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything...

plus I really do like the gifs

Last edited by mcbook; 2014-05-28 at 21:47.

Closed Thread