Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
where is thp? Would be great if we could hear his side of the story.
No. Seriously this all shouldn't even happen in the public.

As to how to not make things any worse, don't try to put blame on and/or diagnose any side of the dispute, don't tell any side of the dispute how to solve this problem in this thread, and if you want to give advice to either side of the conflict, do it privately and not in public... to pay respect to both sides of the dispute. It is not seen as respectful to even speak about this here, in a public forum, especially when consent from the other party involved wasn't even implied at any point.

Ultimately it's a matter of respecting both parties involved in this conflict, and I would advice a mod to close this thread in order to ensure this utterly unrespectful behaviour towards thp doesn't continue by keeping this thread open and us therefore having a discussion here about a personal problem he and fk_lx have without he's explicit consent for allowing it to take place here & in public in general.

Last edited by Thoke; 2014-05-29 at 18:48.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
The thing is that I read everything fk_lx has posted so far: stuff on the mailing list, twitter, blog, IRC, now this thread on t.m.o. ...

And while thp wisely chose to stay totally quiet (which shows his maturity) and I only know fk_lx's version of the events, each and every bit fk_lx writes makes me understand thp's point better and better. I don't really have an idea what originally caused the personal conflict between the two of them, but I can't help but thinking what thp must go through these days. I mean, just imagine:

There's someone who first starts harassing you privately. When you try to escape him by closing all communication channels, this person takes it to a new level and turns to your employer, fully aware that he puts your job at risk in doing so. As if this weren't enough, he later decides to involve half of the world and its wife and go on a world wide crusade against you, spelling out your full name for everyone to read. (This is the summary of the whole story as I read it from fk_lx's posts.)

This must be a terrifying experience, made worse by the fact that some mail on the list indicates that fk_lx has thp's real street name and address. Creepy.

Knowing thp as a valuable contributor to this community, I really, really do hope he has the strength to survive all of this. (Which sounds nicer than I mean it. Actually it's pretty egoistic: As a user, I don't want to miss his contributions to this ecosystem.)

I also take this as a warning for myself to be more cautious. You never know what kind of people you find out there...

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
No. Seriously this all shouldn't even happen in the public.

As to how to not make things any worse, don't try to put blame on and/or diagnose any side of the dispute, don't tell any side of the dispute how to solve this problem in this thread, and if you want to give advice to either side of the conflict, do it privately and not in public... to pay respect to both sides of the dispute. It is not seen as respectful to even speak about this here, in a public forum, especially when consent from the other party involved wasn't even implied at any point.

Ultimately it's a matter of respecting both parties involved in this conflict, and I would advice a mod to close this thread in order to ensure this utterly unrespectful behaviour towards thp doesn't continue by keeping this thread open and us therefore having a discussion here about a personal problem he and fk_lx have without he's explicit consent for allowing it to take place here & in public in general.
That would be true, unless one part brought to the public. Also, it could also be interesting if this was a jolla event or not. I'm pretty sure both commit errors of different kind, I don't really care about that but I hope they could atleast come to some solution on the issue. Both seems to have good deeds. But what I want to know if they promote jolla on these events. I like to know as much as possible how companies I support handles all kind of subjects. salaries, customers, communities communications and when they release the disc phone and so forth. I can agree that the thread is a bit crappy. I still want to know the whole story from as many as possible so I can create my own image ow what to make of it and fr future decisions.

I'm going to get some take ways. When I'm back. I'm demanding answers! Maybe we could take this thread to another subject and rename the thread to: "The Epic Please think about your community peers!" Or why not: "change in organization for better project"
If you want this thread closed? just post a few gifs [you don't heard it from me.]

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-05-30 at 06:21.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
One more thought on Jolla as a company in this context:

fk_lx almost had me trapped in his way of thinking first when he tried to include Jolla into this witch-hunt. You know, like companies are always the bad ones and the single FOSS developer is always right, especially when fighting corporate interest... This is usually my first instinctive reaction. This is the little revolutionary commie in me speaking.

But in this case, the real issue is how good (read: morally good) Jolla acts as an employer. It might be different in Finland, but in my country a company has the legal obligation to protect their employees on various levels. This legal obligation is widely seen as a moral one, too.

As far as I could follow the case, Jolla acted commendably in every aspect, proving highest standards. They kept their employee out of the *storm as good as they could. Even on the highest level, their CTO sacrificed his time - or, better, wasted it, as it turned out during the infamous IRC meeting. This speaks volumes about how great Jolla is as a company. The ethics of a FOSS company also have to be measured by how they treat their employees. I mean, seriously guys, how would any of us have reacted if they'd fired thp on the grounds of „We don't know what happened, but we don't want our reputation harmed“?

I have seen just that (people getting fired because of such intrigues, company not protecting employees or treating them well) often enough. I'd say: One more big plus for Jolla that they're not like this.

Last edited by benny1967; 2014-05-29 at 19:53.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
The thing is that I read everything fk_lx has posted so far: stuff on the mailing list, twitter, blog, IRC, now this thread on t.m.o. ...
Couldn't have summed my own impressions better based on the same sources.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
True, but we don't have the full picture so the assumption could be completely wrong since it's just an assumption. But who cares. Speculations and assumptions rules. Either way , I hope all parts can fix this. You don't have to be friends but still work together for the greater good on a professional level. Fk could take a step back and think twice what he is doing and acting. Thp don't have to talk to fk in personal level but atleat answer mails jolla and community stuff and be on the same meetings. Is this open source kindergarten?

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-05-30 at 06:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
"...Can't we all just ...get along?..."

Though I completely sympathize and understand the tolerance and compassion you are exemplifying good dave999. And I do hold that... if it seems really really easy to behave a certain way...it's probably going to be poor behaviour. The reallly reallllly hard thing to do is keep a lid on the poor behaviour in us all. It is simply a mark of the lack of personal discipline brought on by a modern civilization which grew up (or rather didn't grow up at all) with completely no regard for others nor a sense of expecting any repercussion for the result of their own actions. Inevitably you end up with people doing great harm to others and when the hammer begins to fall on them ...they don't understand why...THEY ARE the victim....sociopath ...film has stigmatized the schizo the psycho... ..and so many others..and for the most they aren't the prob..they can be helped...but the sociopath ..think of it like this...it...is not a person with a prob with the society around them ...as much as society reeling from the damage they do. Take the worst monsters from history and that is the fraternity of the sociopath. In my life I've met a few...it isn't pleasant. I feel for those in the line of fire. Compared to the folly of my youth where I had great compassion and time for such behaviour...now ...when I run into such individuals (and there are soooo many nowadays compared to years ago) I have very little.
A great example of poor behaviour which escalates is this...
A mom on a bus asks a woman swearing to please stop...
the woman pushes the kids...throws a drink in the face of a kid under 1 yr old...puts her foot in the back of another child and kicks the child to the ground....pulls a knife (!) ...threatens to kill the mom and the kids....
Here is the result of such behaviour...the bus cam, the driver and passengers were not just witness to it...one passenger filmed it and posted it ....the national article also has a link of (at least a part of ) the episode ...I don't particularly like when anyone starts harassing anybody's family...it can escalate. Personally I have 0 tolerance for that kind of crap. Hopefully the news link's video plays...

Mom has enough.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/05...ther-children/

And the woman in question got off the bus and went at the mom AGAIN...

and the woman in question wasn't a kid or teen or someone in their tweens or even in their 30's ...this was a 43 year old woman. Plenty old enough to know better. Old enough to know how to behave.

Buddy here should take some good advice and back off.

People here should quit enabling.

Giving this behaviour a forum.

Trying to rectify something that should be simply not tolerated.

The concept of an open democratic forum can only exist as long as it is done in the spirit of mutual trust understanding tolerance and the desire to protect the person from the community ...AS WELL AS PROTECT THE COMMUNITY FROM THE PERSON.

Actually...I've changed my mind about burning this thread.
I still believe more than ever it should be closed...to stop the cancer spreading. Which I have noticed elsewhere.

This thread should be closed.

AND THE REASON SHOULDN'T BE BECAUSE OF EXCESSIVE USE OF GIF'S....

THAT IS A MIGHTY SAD REASON.

IT SHOULD BE CLOSED FOR THE RIGHT REASONS.

BUT it should stay up here as a signpost ...as a warning that this behaviour cannot be tolerated here.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Last edited by endsormeans; 2014-05-30 at 08:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
My open letter to Jolla:
http://jollamoralstandards.blogspot....-to-jolla.html

After reading I also advise to listen to this song which is all about unjustful accusations and rumours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brFKqr0BZcE

At the end I advise reading also this:
http://jollamoralstandards.blogspot....blind-and.html

Have a nice weekend all,
Filip

The Following User Says Thank You to fk_lx For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I don't think we need to reply anymore in this thread.

Thread closed
Attached Images

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread