Active Topics

Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
At that point, it seems the only hope for an "official" Sailfish tablet, is to try to get the upcoming Inoi T10.
I'd suggest you to avoid anything intended for Russian government use.

The Following User Says Thank You to meego_leenooks1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meego_leenooks1 View Post
exactly the reason i stopped looking for replacement of my jp1 (phone to run sfos) and turned to librem.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by meego_leenooks1 View Post
I would be 0% likely to keep any original firmware in there.

The point is that it's known hardware that works with Sailfish and for which Jolla is making Sailfish build.

In practice that would be :
- Either hoping that Jolla releases a "Jolli I" (i.e.: a Jolla-branded iteration of the same hardware where they deliver the OS directly instead of going through Inoi, kind of like Jolla C vs. Intex Aquafish)
- Or manually installing some community rebuild.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
And by the way, chen, did how did the things go on your side of the stuff ?

Trying to get investment back ?
Pushing the Youyota team to actually deliver something ?

(Well depending if you're allowed to speaking about them, or if you need to keep information shut while ongoing legal actions against them ?)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So... no updates months later eh?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
And by the way, chen, did how did the things go on your side of the stuff ?

Trying to get investment back ?
Pushing the Youyota team to actually deliver something ?

(Well depending if you're allowed to speaking about them, or if you need to keep information shut while ongoing legal actions against them ?)
Hello Doctor Yak.

I don't have any personal contact or business link with Michael Du/Youyota/X-Mobile anymore since a few month ago and the only source I hear is from my legal consultant.

It's hard for me to get my investment back because when doing the transfer I could not do it officially under Livermorium company (this is not the company project), but personally. I transferred him with my private account for supporting Youyota project back to it's time, when Youyota said thy could not support 3K manufacturing. I did roughly $20k in USD in two transactions. (I can show offline with the proof if anyone wants to see)

I did this purely in the hope of bringing tablet back to life and in the trust for Youyota and Michael Du. But I learned my lesson.

From my progress of legal work, I discovered that Michael is now listed as a Dishonest Debtor officially. And he is having other troubles with others which I could not disclose the names. Also he has been blacklisted from my business and partners around me, regardless if they are big or small. He will have the punishment that he deserves.

I still think when they started the campaign it was real and they did want to bring it to the market. But then later they were involved in some financial crisis (I just learned recently) and I stupidly gave them more money. They should've refund the money, but Michael's dishonest and greed will drag him to the abyss and I don't think his company will survive.

I will keep fighting with them with legal work for this matter. And in the mean-time, Livermorium is in the middle of the R&D of a great project, which I truly believe it will enlighten our mood and to pass this tragedy. (You know this project from my mail.
(And this will not be crowdfunded, I want to say again)

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Hello Doctor Yak.

I don't have any personal contact or business link with Michael Du/Youyota/X-Mobile anymore since a few month ago and the only source I hear is from my legal consultant.

It's hard for me to get my investment back because when doing the transfer I could not do it officially under Livermorium company (this is not the company project), but personally. I transferred him with my private account for supporting Youyota project back to it's time, when Youyota said thy could not support 3K manufacturing. I did roughly $20k in USD in two transactions. (I can show offline with the proof if anyone wants to see)

I did this purely in the hope of bringing tablet back to life and in the trust for Youyota and Michael Du. But I learned my lesson.

From my progress of legal work, I discovered that Michael is now listed as a Dishonest Debtor officially. And he is having other troubles with others which I could not disclose the names. Also he has been blacklisted from my business and partners around me, regardless if they are big or small. He will have the punishment that he deserves.

I still think when they started the campaign it was real and they did want to bring it to the market. But then later they were involved in some financial crisis (I just learned recently) and I stupidly gave them more money. They should've refund the money, but Michael's dishonest and greed will drag him to the abyss and I don't think his company will survive.

I will keep fighting with them with legal work for this matter. And in the mean-time, Livermorium is in the middle of the R&D of a great project, which I truly believe it will enlighten our mood and to pass this tragedy. (You know this project from my mail.
(And this will not be crowdfunded, I want to say again)
So, there is no hope for the Youyota project?
We can forget it, this device will never see the light of a day?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sativista For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sativista View Post
So, there is no hope for the Youyota project?
We can forget it, this device will never see the light of a day?
I'd say it's highly unlikely that they will deliver. It was already old HW when the project started, some components had to be replaced as originals were not available any longer and judging by their lack of communication and information provided by chenliangchen, I'd consider the revival/survival of the project to be something like a miracle of greater magnitude if it ever happened.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
According to chenliangchen words i am sure that we all can forget the possibility of having Youyota Tablet. Youyota Team received the money and the lack of communication says all. Let's move on to the next project and i can say i'm eagerly waiting for Chen's upcoming project

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Dragging up this thread only reminds me I got f***** in the a** twice .....

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os