Notices

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
It seems Vlad and Pavel are now on version 0.19.6...

I found the upgrade today in application manager. On my OS2008/N800 the upgrade adds current weather info to the first icon. Previously the setting was there however, clicking it simply made the first icon the default "No info available"... Now I see the current temp and conditions.

Kudos!

Edit: June 28, 2008

Originally Posted by OMWeather program developer
I returned from small travel and fixed problem with white screen in diablo.
Please try new version (0.20.5) https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1873

Vlad

Last edited by YoDude; 2008-06-28 at 13:01. Reason: Update

I updated to this version yesterday but it never occurred to me to try turning on the "now" icon. Unfortunately for me it still shows "?" and n/a even after an update. Oh well...

-John

-Never mind, when I set the valid time longer then 1 hour and updated the weather it showed up. Seems odd to me that the "now" weather would be more then an hour old...

Last edited by tobiasj; 2008-03-05 at 01:10.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I didn't think that was a change in this version: that setting worked for me in 0.19.5.

I read somewhere that this version contains a fix for the background colours, which were interfering with some themes. I've not spotted any changes.

I'm on v0.19.6 (N800/OS2008) and the "now" icon has always indicated "unavailable". Until yesterday when the DST didn't seem to update properly, so I manually went in to set the correct time. About an hour later, DST updated (so now my time was an hour off again) and I had to go back manually and change it again. But after doing this, I noticed that my "now" icon was bright and sunny!

Wonder if the time change had anything to do with making "now" work properly?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by corker View Post
I'm on v0.19.6 (N800/OS2008) and the "now" icon has always indicated "unavailable". Until yesterday when the DST didn't seem to update properly, so I manually went in to set the correct time. About an hour later, DST updated (so now my time was an hour off again) and I had to go back manually and change it again. But after doing this, I noticed that my "now" icon was bright and sunny!

Wonder if the time change had anything to do with making "now" work properly?
See FAQ
http://omweather.garage.maemo.org/faq.html

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Just saw the update in the app. manager on my 770 (os2006).
I noticed that the moon phase only reflects the current day (i.e. no matter what day I click on the phase is listed the same)
It has been this way since the moon phase was implemented. (at least on my device)
This is still one of the best programs for the tablet.
Thanks
ben

Originally Posted by n9ots View Post
Just saw the update in the app. manager on my 770 (os2006).
I noticed that the moon phase only reflects the current day (i.e. no matter what day I click on the phase is listed the same)
It has been this way since the moon phase was implemented. (at least on my device)
This is still one of the best programs for the tablet.
Thanks
ben
Ben,
Thanks for your bug report. It will be fixed in version 0.20

https://garage.maemo.org/pm/task.php...project_id=160

Vlad.

Since the -5 version of OMWeather still didn't show the correct time and date,
I just updated to -6, which finally supports the German language, many thanks for that;-)

This version still can't seem to handle German date settings correctly,
or at least it can't display the date: It shows 'Freitag 00 Januar' ,
and the OMWeather FAQ is not of great help here.
Of course I have a correct timezone and date setting; This is one of the first things you have to do on the NIT...

Actually I was able to 'tweak' the -5 version of OMWeather to display the correct date for some days by setting a completely different time zone and home town temporarily, then switching back to 'Germany' and a German home town.
However this worked for a few days, and then again it failed.
So this temporary time zone switch isn't a solution,
and shouldn't be necessary at all.

Is there a fix in the pipe for this (display) bug ?

Don't get me wrong:
I consider OMWeather to be one of the few killer applications for the NIT,
many thanks to the authors for their work!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ray For This Useful Post:
Dear Ray.

This bug will be fixed in 0.20 version of OMWeather

Thanks,
Vlad

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
somewhat unrelated question: for my UK sites, OMWeather always seems to report the "feels like" temperature as identical to the given temp, regardless of humidity or wind. Is this a bug in OMW, or the data provided to it?