hi guys i have read more then 20 website on how to flash my nokia n900...i have it for 4 days and this phone is realy unique...i am a android fan usualy and i root unbrick and do everything with them...i wanted to ovelock my n900 but i installed the multiboot and kernels but not the right kernel a think so after i restart the phon i get stuck on multiboot with no options to press...i have try with pressing ''0'' but it try to flash and say: required files not found, Guru Meditation....and it just restart.. i have read that the only way is to flash the phone i have download the flashe the 2 bin files and then i am stuck because when i connect the phone with the usb pressing ''U'' i cannot install the drivers it says device unplugged and i dont release the u button... so i am till here...i have try to do the hole procedure but when i open the flasher and navigate to the bin file(actualy i dont know why the file ends on attachmentbin attachment bin) nothing happens...i have try to rename the file but thn when i click on enter it open it with VLC media player like a bin file...so i dont know what to do...any ideas ? it 2 days that my phone is bricked and i cannot use it any help ? thx in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to coatto For This Useful Post:
so,for some miracle i have installed the original drivers i have follow the procedure about liusb and this is the point i get stucked now
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to coatto For This Useful Post:
hi
i had a similar problem and i fixed it,
take a look
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1368612

The main problem by me is that the original updates dont want ot get instaled. i am trying to plug unplug the nokia it always start to install nokia usb rom and after i get this message.
Attached Images

did you read my post and the links inside them?
anyway,
try press f8 when you start windows.it will appear an list of options select
"... load unsigned drivers..."
and by the way you entered a wrong comand in the prompt
what is this "attachment.bin" in your command?
the prompt is clearly telling invalid argument.
dont rename the files!
do you wanna know the exact procedure i've made?
connect the usb cable in pc,conect the microusb part of the cable in the phone at the same time you press the "u" key ,
now open flasher 3.5 throught start menu of windows
in you place i would flash only the kernel
Code:
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R

and

Last edited by Henrq; 2013-08-21 at 22:58.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
which version of Windows 7 you are using ? if 64 bit then there a workaround to successfully install drivers for N900. if using 32-bit then there shouldn't be any problem. and what commands you used to flash your N900 ?

Edit: have you read Power Kernel 52 thread once ? it clearly says that multiboot support in Kernel Power 52 is dropped which means its no longer supported by Kernel Power. that's the reason you are getting Guru Mediation error.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2013-08-21 at 23:18.

thx for the quick replays i will try this with loading the files.after i come back from work this is what i get when i connect the phone in ''U'' mode.....i am using 64-bit windows 7
Attached Images

i just open flasher and type flasher-3.5 -f and then i press space and then with the tab button i navigate to the combined bin file

HENRQ i just put the bin file with the tab button i didnt rename it the extension file was like this when i download it now i have download the files from another place and the files finish on .BIN i have try with the loading unsigned drivers but when i connect the phone againg i get the last error: nokia USB RON was unable to be instaled - device unplugged..... So i just dont know how to install all the drivers correctly i have already try with liusb as you can see in the attachments

actually i didnt know that on the end i must put --flash-only=kernel -f -R i will try it this evening

Tags
flashing, nokia n900