Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
As for contacts -- I use Jolla without SIM and had no option in Peoples to import from file.

But ... Installed "Files" and just went to Download dir, clicked on VCF and an option to import contacts appeared. Import was instant

And complaint -- imported contacts have a lot of info's that Jolla show, for ie. google talk account, skype account and so on. ATM there is no way to edit contact and remove such info.

Option to merge contacts is also very wellcome!

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
has anyone
1) successfully copied text from an Android app and then pasted it
a) in a native app or
b) in another Android app?

I haven't been able to achieve 1)

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
How about getting Android apps that are only in the Google Play Store?
Other than hack-installing Google Play Store (which I'd rather not do), isn't there some sort of hack for getting the .apk files from the website?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
There are several websites that deliver apk's. Once tried one and it worked. But because of being a bit afraid how trustfull these websites are, I normally use android program called APK extractor. It works so, that you install that to an real androis device (I happen to have couple lying around), install the app to your android device, then use the apk extractor to pull the apk and sent it to your Jolla (I prefer to sent it by bluetooth), Jolla installs it and voila, you have your app working from play store

Last edited by Boxeri; 2013-12-27 at 03:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Just launched a topic on together.jolla.com
The way menu vs pully-menu is handled in the OS sometimes irritates me.

Share your thoughts if any;
https://together.jolla.com/question/...vs-long-press/

Kiitos!

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
- succesfull import of contacts from N9 (Bluetooth sync)
- PC connection with Linux machine works (Ubuntu 13.10)
- succesfull import of GnuPG public and secret keys (gpg2)
-- encryption and decrypting of files works nicely with FingerTerm
- sdcard (FAT) soft linked to Music folder. Works fine.

I really enjoy using this phone!

The Following User Says Thank You to rannari For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
How about getting Android apps that are only in the Google Play Store?
Other than hack-installing Google Play Store (which I'd rather not do), isn't there some sort of hack for getting the .apk files from the website?
Seems like people are too lazy to do a Google search. If you'd do it, you'd discover there are literally dozens of methods for downloading APKs from Google Play. For example this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
I've been using that one for while now, the chrome extension and not the website tho, works fine, ofc can't download paid apps.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
It's weird that Storypod is Android, because I installed it from Jolla store and I thought we had only native apps in there. Otherwise people could also publish a gazillion Android apps in Jolla store, right?

So that must mean Vimeo has faulty HTML5 implementation, right?
Storypod is an Android application, yet it is promoted in the Jolla store.
I can understand somebody must have thought this is a really nice quality multimedia addition to demo the Android subsystem.

But beware... other Android applications of questionable origin and motives are already lurking in the Jolla store: (US) Military News for example.
And I accidentally installed it (swiped the wrong direction or something) so sadly I give it a hit in popularity.

It is way to easy to accidentally install unwanted applications in the Jolla store.

About the Vimeo HTML5 in Jolla browser: I couldn't confirm that.. maybe it is the browser end.
I notice when installing adblock , google analytics blockers and noscript anwyhere (NSA ) it becomes much harder to get the video's running in Firefox w/o clear information on why.
They just demand flash to be installed or something which is in fact no longer needed.

A nice experience is that Jolla pauzes multimedia streams in full desktop sites upon incoming call, only to resume after the call.

No freezing of the phone (application) like on the N900 Or at lest the Jolla requires some crazier multitasking action than just a few concurrent web video's to choke the incoming phone calls.

Starting to love my Jolla. It must be said.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
After few days of getting to know each other I really started to like my Jolla. It works like fluid and UI looks so nice.

First it felt big and clumsy after N8 but I'm getting to used to the size. Keyboard, new way to navigate and web browsing really impress me. I already find it hard to use my old N8 or few android apps I tried. Well done Jolla!

Camera is not as bad as I feared. It is passable to recording fleeing memories providing adequate light. More serious work is for DSLR anyway.

Biggest letdown is Media player. My 100% Symbian Belle compilable music collection is missing album art and info from some of the albums, sometimes showing old information from date before organizing the library.

Should those symbols for WLAN etc. on setting cover activate function or is it going to require opening the full program every time?

The Following User Says Thank You to finfly For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience