Active Topics

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by MrGrim View Post
First, i can't seem to find any size specs. I have a feeling they were conveniently left out. That because 4" screen + some more hardware buttons = BIG. And still people are complaining the n900 should be smaller (finger-nail size maybe?)
116 x 62 x 12 mm or so they say.

And microSD, not memory stick.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
hmm. i wanted to buy a phone. wanted the best. didnt want to wait. now im waiting for 6 weeks. in the mean time compared. n900 is the best. not going to throw the waiting away. maemo is really good. wouldnt settle for less now. by less meaning wimo. iphone comes on 2nd place. just dont like the 'stiff' os's.

agreeing with the physical keyboard posts. unless u learn capacitive screen typing with 1 hand very quick, though using all your fingers, then on screen keyboard should be better.

okay good luck in decision making

I too am pretty intrigued by this device. Honestly, on paper it looks like everything I want. (I prefer physical keyboards, but only slightly.)

My biggest concern is SE's track record of announcing a phone to much hype and praise, only to release it 6 months later when no one cares anymore.

This is probably the last, best hope for a truly excellent Android phone this year. (Droid is close IMO, but not quite there.)

well but the most important thing do u think this X10 will be released in 2009 ? i mean what are the probabilities i like its specifications too.. so hard!

Originally Posted by MrGrim View Post
A-GPS sounds ambiguous, does it also have normal gps?
The 'A' in A-GPS stands for Assisted. This means it is a standard GPS that is assisted by triangulation, which brings the initial lock on times down. This is the same as in the N900 (and pretty much any phone with GPS in the past 2 years, e.g. N95.)

http://gizmodo.com/5394420/sony-eric...?autoplay=true

I know it's only conceptual, but... holy sh*t.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
Originally Posted by JayBomb999 View Post
http://gizmodo.com/5394420/sony-eric...?autoplay=true

I know it's only conceptual, but... holy sh*t.
good god that's smooth

i'll bet you no tmobile 3g though, se loves att too much

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
The X3/X10/infinity is looking like a really great device. For those of us that don't require a physical keypad, this is a well-spec'd device, that presents itself in an extremely polished way (iff the phone is represented accurately in the rumors). The phone lines and the interface are IMO incredibly attractive leaving little to be desired from an aesthetic vantage. Lastly, android development speed has been amazing as well as its ability to attract handset-makers and application developers.

The phone is likely to have many more proprietary bits than the N900, but to some of us (I'd wager most of us non-maemoans) the degree of openness isn't the complete measure of handset or even the superlative measure. Thankfully, android is an open OS, and the market is friendly to open applications and scripting, so the open road as well as the closed road is an option depending upon individual needs.

This handset was my first choice. If its specs remain the same, it will continue to be my first choice barring any unpleasant surprises. I'm just glad that there's so much choice: HTC HD2, iPhone, N900, Droid (sholes), and X3!

}:^)~

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
well but the most important thing do u think this X10 will be released in 2009 ? i mean what are the probabilities i like its specifications too.. so hard!
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsso...-news-1222.php

http://www.sonyericsson.com/whatsnext/

Though there is just only 0.1% chance that this thing will win me over but still I'm curiously awaiting 3rd November

I find 116 x 62 x 12 mm hard to believe. It's only few mm more than n900 (height*width), despite a bigger screen, a couple of hardware buttons and generous rims around it.

"Some A-GPS devices do not have the option of falling back to standalone or autonomous GPS." (wikipedia). So marketing would have no problem omitting to say it has no normal gps. I know it's probably not the case, just wanting to show everyone needs to keep their eyes open for traps.

Maybe i'm just somehow broken, but that interface is extremely average. Not only would i rip it to shreds if the icons start dancing around when i'm in a hurry, but also its greatest innovation is making scroll-lists horizontal. Now that's invention!

And one last thing : "This demo is conceptual and for internal use only. Do not distribute" scrolling around. Too bad i'm not a farmer, i could have fertilized a whole field with this amount of bs. At least have the guts to admit it pr&advertising, not some insider leak nobody can stop

Tags
sony, xperia