Notices

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Rotation is incorrect in Butaca. If I am in portrait it displays landscape form and if I ma in landscape it displays portrait form. Not sure if its bug of qt-component of Butaca only.

I have cssu 15.8 (the latest one, forgot the exact version) installed and forced rotation on.

Why is miniature not working? Is it related to this or not?

Last edited by Joseph9560; 2011-10-16 at 11:35.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
You have to blacklist in transition.ini of your theme butaca aswell as miniature and meecast and they'll stay in portrait all the time...and yeah it's not related to qt-components..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bingbings For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Miniature doesn't work...
It doesn't want to be launched... The icon from the menu keeps being backlighted. That's it.

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
It doesn't want to be launched... The icon from the menu keeps being backlighted. That's it.
try to launch from console and put output here (I think it's on /opt/games/miniature or something like that).

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Thanks, removing the cache helped. Maybe you could make the postinstall script of the new package do that to avoid the same problem with others.
Yes, probably that's the esiest approach, I suspect that something isn't working properly with theme inheritance and theme cache stuff. You can also try something like this to force cache reload.

Code:
# touch -c /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/index.theme
# touch -c /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/index.theme

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by inean View Post
try to launch from console and put output here (I think it's on /opt/games/miniature or something like that).
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# /opt/usr/games/miniature 
Looking for assets in "/usr/share/themes/base" 
qrc:/main.qml:26:18: Type MainPage unavailable 
qrc:/MainPage.qml:277:13: "Text.lineHeight" is not available in QtQuick 1.0. 
Welcome to Miniature!
and then a white screen.
Btw the dropbox-repo-miniature works fine

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# /opt/usr/games/miniature 
Looking for assets in "/usr/share/themes/base" 
qrc:/main.qml:26:18: Type MainPage unavailable 
qrc:/MainPage.qml:277:13: "Text.lineHeight" is not available in QtQuick 1.0. 
Welcome to Miniature!
and then a white screen.
Btw the dropbox-repo-miniature works fine
Open a bug about this on miniature bugzilla. Problem is that extras-devel miniature is using QtQuick 1.1 features.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Rotation is incorrect in Butaca. If I am in portrait it displays landscape form and if I ma in landscape it displays portrait form. Not sure if its bug of qt-component of Butaca only.

I have cssu 15.8 (the latest one, forgot the exact version) installed and forced rotation on.

Why is miniature not working? Is it related to this or not?
disable auto-orientation to landscape

The Following User Says Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
download miniature deb. from meego repository and install
work for me

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Isn't that what the community updates are for. Maybe the newer version of QtComponents could be uploaded to cssu repository but not installed by default with the cssu metapackage. That way people with cssu (and thus qt 4.7.4) could install it but people without cssu couldnt.
Multiple qt-components-1(X) packages isn't a problem at all. A qt-components-11 package, targeted to QtQuick 1.1, could be installed in parallel with qt-components-10. Problem is that, without an official Qt 4.7.4 (or better) release, applications which depends of QtQuick 1.1 (and qt-components-11) will never reach extras repo.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post: