Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I don't want to be rude here but I guess inserting a simcard causes a big drop in battery voltage which makes the phone reboot. Pichlo and Macros proved that a new battery fixes the issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
To clarify, the SIM card itself takes a miniscule current but once it is in, the phone will try to talk to the cellular network and that will cause the power drain and voltage drop.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I don't claim that you have the same problem but it's probable.

Voltage drop on battery during modem usage (Xperia). New battery solved unexpected reboots.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
If anyone can test and comprove a new battery will fix this problem i'll buy a new one for my N9

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Poland
Perhaps it would be a good idea to test this behaviour with DC adapter connected before rushing out to buy a new battery? I'll try it soon and let you know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylwiusz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Sure, try it. I however would replace the battery anyway. One of the signs of battery wear is the ability to hold the voltage still. When things like that start to happen it simply means the battery is done even though the capacity might be good. Well unless you want to wait a month and see your phone restart when receiving the most important call.

Edit: I fired up my N9 to check this. My battery is quite new. I do not have any equipment at hand but Nokia Energy Profile should tell us what we are dealing with here.
Battery is at 64% charge. When I inserted a sim card, voltage dropped from 3.92V down to 3.86V and current was 434mA at the time. If what NEP says is true then your battery really needs replacing.

Last edited by szymeczek34; 2017-04-18 at 16:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
That would be a great help for many of us. Still i'm also considering to buy a new battery. I saw some generic ones on ebay. Anyone recomends them? Thanks

Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Still i'm also considering to buy a new battery
Have used this company upon a number of occasions:https://stellatech.com/nokia-lumia-8...en,811567.html

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
For mine I used one from Polarcell as they scored well in an extensive test for N900 batteries:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=872699&postcount=6

The first battery they sent me was however bad, it seemed the sim card wouldn't work at all with it.
But after I sent them a mail, they apologized and immediately sent a new battery in plastic bag with "tested" on it.
That one works just perfect.

Note: for many replacement batteries the connector cables are too long, but you can bend them so they fit within the N9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
Sure, try it. I however would replace the battery anyway. One of the signs of battery wear is the ability to hold the voltage still. When things like that start to happen it simply means the battery is done even though the capacity might be good. Well unless you want to wait a month and see your phone restart when receiving the most important call.

Edit: I fired up my N9 to check this. My battery is quite new. I do not have any equipment at hand but Nokia Energy Profile should tell us what we are dealing with here.
Battery is at 64% charge. When I inserted a sim card, voltage dropped from 3.92V down to 3.86V and current was 434mA at the time. If what NEP says is true then your battery really needs replacing.
Hi there
Any news?

Tags
sim card, switch off