Notices

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Ok.. now i have found the wonders of Imagemagick. To do this automatically i have installed it. "apt-get install imagemagick". And then gone to resize all in the folders using. "mogrify -resize 48x48! *.png"

It would be possible to do a script for making this even more comfortable but i do not dare to do it. Here is some reference material: http://www.perturb.org/display/Image...ze_images.html

Edit1: I'll be coming with a more complete howto and a screenie if i am successful.

Edit2: It was not successful. I managed to resize the icons but not the space. So the icons decreased but not the actual place where you press. So the space that are not occupied by the icon is now transparent. In the screenie i have put some "brackets" to illustrate this. It would be the same if i resize the brackets too.

Edit3: Made another screenie how it looks now. The same problem still exists but got it almost as i like it. The Chrome icon are in svg so it was not possible to resize. It scales automatic to the global size.
Attached Images

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-06-07 at 10:46.

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here but I've found that if you keep the icons in the same folder but just change the size you can edit the icon size on the desktop.

For instance my fmms icon in 64x64 Hildon I've re-sized to 48x48 without any issue.
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
heres the screenshot ..
Attachment 10693

there smaller than the stock, i can make it smaller tho.

lol nice song

Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here but I've found that if you keep the icons in the same folder but just change the size you can edit the icon size on the desktop.

For instance my fmms icon in 64x64 Hildon I've re-sized to 48x48 without any issue.
That is what i have done in the above screenshot. The problem in this procedure is that even though the visual part is 48x48 the transparent/clickable part still is 64x64. You can test this by clicking just beside the icon.

This would not be a problem if you have a singualar shortcut but when you do as I and put the side by side. The chance of misclick is high.

Originally Posted by mackan1 View Post
lol nice song
lol one of my guilty pleasures, i do listen to some crap i must admit.

With this hildon-home, you can set the size of the shortcut widgets with the command
Code:
gconftool -s /apps/osso/hildon-home/task-shortcuts-size -t int 64
You should restart hildon-home after changing the size.

http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/770/n90...+0m5_armel.deb
http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/770/n90...6-2+0m5.tar.gz

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Please have a look to this post for the matter...

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
With this hildon-home, you can set the size of the shortcut widgets with the command
Code:
gconftool -s /apps/osso/hildon-home/task-shortcuts-size -t int 64
You should restart hildon-home after changing the size.

http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/770/n90...+0m5_armel.deb
http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/770/n90...6-2+0m5.tar.gz
Thank you so much! I guess the string for me would be..
Code:
gconftool -s /apps/osso/hildon-home/task-shortcuts-size -t int 48
Will do some experimenting when i get home

I could of course not wait.. and tried it. Worked flawlessly. Thanks again Matan. Guys like you are the real heroes of Maemo

Matan: Would i be able to do the same with the contact-shortcut? Or does the .deb need to be hacked again?

Tags
icons, program, resize, retentive