Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by phortize View Post
forgive me for this noob question but... how do i install the old version? i can handle some xterminal if well explained.
Install this version: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d....3-0_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I find this feature useful as well, especially if try to do video while camping or in a night club, etc.

However, the question to be asked, is there a reason beside conflicts with the red led light that this was changed? Meaning will it break/ crash/ make it unstable?

x

Originally Posted by xman View Post
I find this feature useful as well, especially if try to do video while camping or in a night club, etc.

However, the question to be asked, is there a reason beside conflicts with the red led light that this was changed? Meaning will it break/ crash/ make it unstable?

x
could that ever be because red light is mandatory by law in some country? if so, big phail

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
That would seem to be likely, however this was dev'd by a 3rd party person. So I'm guessing the blame would then be placed on the individual.

x

Won't work for me I've put the v412 file in root, /home/user, /home/user/MyDocs and tried the command ./v412etc and it gave me a no permission error. I did sudo gainroot already. Also installed the 0.3 version of flashlight but it did not work with the video mode. it said it was in use.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Install this version: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d....3-0_armel.deb
I installed this version but still can't use the LEDs during video recording

Last edited by rojicha07; 2010-02-01 at 18:25.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 214 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cape town
Originally Posted by andyph666 View Post
Won't work for me I've put the v412 file in root, /home/user, /home/user/MyDocs and tried the command ./v412etc and it gave me a no permission error. I did sudo gainroot already. Also installed the 0.3 version of flashlight but it did not work with the video mode. it said it was in use.
You probably need to do a chmod +x v4l2ctl first before running it.

You don't need to do any of that.

Download the old version (0.2.0) which does what you want here - http://espejo.freemoe.org/repository....2-0_armel.deb

Transfer that to your phone in /root then run the following as root

dpkg -i flashlight-applet_0.2-0_armel.deb

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico City
Many apologies upfront, but when I connect my n900 to my laptop, I can't find any folder labeled 'root'. How is this done? Thank you in advance for any insight you can give.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
if you installed the deb file its probably in MyDocs. to get to root you have to use x_terminal
sudo gainroot