SIO2 Interactive created 2 games HoopsFrenzy & SoccerFrenzy

Then 10 users with 0 karma voted pretty much at around the same time.

No doubt SIO2 Interactive created these users to spam votes getting these apps to Extras.

BTW the new versions crashes if you happen to notice when closing the dialog asking to upgrade to full.

The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
i cant run soccer frenzy. it send me to payment page (paypal) and the game closes itself, with payment page left....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
SIO2 Interactive created 2 games HoopsFrenzy & SoccerFrenzy

Then 10 users with 0 karma voted pretty much at around the same time.

No doubt SIO2 Interactive created these users to spam votes getting these apps to Extras.

BTW the new versions crashes if you happen to notice when closing the dialog asking to upgrade to full.
That does sound rather suspicious, but putting a question mark after your thread topic would have been a bit less antagonistic. Maybe one of the maemo.org staff members should look into it? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but if a commercial company is circumventing our community QA procedures, then that's not cool, and should be dealt with.
@OP: did you send a message to anyone as well as posting this?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Melbourne
Originally Posted by okhabin View Post
i cant run soccer frenzy. it send me to payment page (paypal) and the game closes itself, with payment page left....
it is not a free game, why people dont "READ" before they download application... sigh...

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Originally Posted by BaKSo View Post
it is not a free game, why people dont "READ" before they download application... sigh...
Correction, it's a free trial (one level) with more levels/scenarios if you pay.

SoccerFrenzy does have one demo level, you just need to dismiss the prompt.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Dismissing the prompt crashes the application, how it gets 10 votes is a miracle.

I haven't message anyone else as not sure who to message to that can deal with this sort of stuff??

It's a good find, that seems to be suspicious but I will leave the judgment to the mod....

However for the crash you mentioned I don't exactly remember but it seems to be that's how is was?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I hope this doesn't turn out to be true, as I've been impressed with what sio2interactive are trying to do on the N900, with their engine and all. Still, that's a pretty serious allegation you are making there Venomrush, and you should be careful about making such claims without having evidence. Have you contacted the voters to check who they are? Have you asked sio2interactive himself?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Given that all of the votes came from users with no karma who registered on the same day and with just enough time between votes for someone to log out of one account and into another, I'm going to stick my head out and say they're abusing the system here.

The funny thing is every 'real' person who seems to have tried it reports that it contains a major bug, exactly the sort of thing that the QA process is designed to catch.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to amh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
one thumbs up -voters info:
https://garage.maemo.org/users/jeffgr/

Your Email Address: sio2interactive5 @nospam@ 163.com
e: second
https://garage.maemo.org/users/leahaudrey/

Your Email Address: sio2interactive6 @nospam@ sina.com
ee: third

https://garage.maemo.org/users/davidh/

Your Email Address: sio2interactive4 @nospam@ 163.com
and these all voted both applications. don't bother digging anymore because this seems really obivous to me.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-02-18 at 10:10.

The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post: