Closed Thread
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
I rest my case

The Following User Says Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I would like to see the answer for that first — http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...14#post1229214

And i don't want to wait till re-election.
there you go...

i'd say that the times we may be facing in the next few months (during most of what's left of the current Council's term, that is) could justify radical measures if said Council does not show some more willingness to listen to the Community.
after all, the future of Maemo, under whatever form or name, isn't just up to the Council, is it?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
there was suggestion to make public vote for removing him. What would you say?

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
there was suggestion to make public vote for removing him. What would you say?
my understanding was that there is no procedure to discharge a Council member.
a little like Flop, maybe?

and you have to admit that so far, the Council hasn't shown any inclination to listen to the Community.
then again, maybe the silent majority is perfectly happy with it?

start a thread with a pool
1) discharge some member(s) of current Council (post name(s))
2) discharge current Council at large
3) leave them, doing a great job...
?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Depending on how you write the questions, you can get a specific outcome. The questions must be more natural.

But of course you get basic understanding of what's the users may Think. But with questions like that the vote can not be valid.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-30 at 15:23.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Depending on how you write the questions, you can get a specific outcome. The questions must be more natural.

But of course you get basic understanding of what's the users may Think. But with questions like that the vote can not be valid.
thread would be a pool, not a vote
based on the pool, we can look further (or drop it altogether)

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Estel I like you man, but I must say the way you're responding to this is unbecoming of an elected council member. Please draw a line and stay behind it. Otherwise, this "taking away devices" discussion is silly. Let's just drop this subject altogether please.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Will this pool/vote benefit maemo.org in the long run?

Will it be the right thing to do?

This could hit one like a **** storm of bashing and just bite one in the a**e.

I'm being objective here and one might look into the cons and pros of souch doing.

I would very much like to keep feeding the 'good wolf' wich makes me in balance and therefore happy. You can't live on negativity and be happy.

I know how @Estel acted regarding the CA issue and how he is when he diagrees with people, but that enough to judge him on. I have no clue on how he is as an actual councilor working as a councilor on council stuff.

He made a mistake as I see it and chose to be blind to it, nobody can change their behavior nor patterns of reaction in such a short time. Especially not when they don't see them.

I believe in giving people a second change and separate things and don't judge on one incident and see the bigger picture.

I believe in karma and therefore the negativity i send out will return to me in some way and in time.

I don't even know @Estel personally he could be the nicest person, carring etc. and just be acting as a twad at times here. I doubt that he is any different in real life when it come to these sitiations but I do not know that for a fact.

I think it's dangerous ground your moving into and can it be justefied on the grounds on CA?

To make it clear and to be frank, I don't like the @Estel I've learned to know here on TMO, he's not a person I would spent time with in real life, but as I don't really know him I can't really judge him on the grounds of actions on TMO as a whole person I don't like.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-06-30 at 16:51. Reason: spelling...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
so far, the Council hasn't shown any inclination to listen to the Community.
then again, maybe the silent majority is perfectly happy with it?
Yesterday, the Council decided to remove Estel from his position as Council Chair. This is due not only to the Community Awards, but to many other actions of his since becoming Chair. He will remain a member of Council, and will continue to serve the community in that capacity.

For me, the primary reason was that he was acting poorly as Council Chair. He didn't represent Council well, and I didn't have confidence in what he was doing and how he related to the community. There were multiple complaints from community members, and I saw personal comments he made against many people, including me. I believe he doesn't have the soft skills necessary to serve as the representative of Council.

Let me also say that this was done with regret. He is a valuable contributor to the community, and fully deserving of his community award. I hope this will be sufficient remediation and that the non-constructive grievances will come to an end. I do not intend to support any actions proposed related to the community awards, such as taking away devices, etc.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Who is the hand of the king now?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove