Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
At the risk of repeating a lot of the white noise on here, thought I'd add my experiences.

I've added a post to the vodafone eforum after being asked to by my account contact at vodafone business. She cannot access the answers to my questions and some of the things she has said cause me concern.
vodafone forum thread: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52331

Essentially, she has told me that the reason for the delay is due to contract negotiations between vodafone and nokia.
As far as I can see, the only reason for contract negotiations would be if vodafone were to be titting around with the firmware, or not wanting the full firmware to be released? If it's not this, then why are both vodafone and nokia reluctant to discuss it? Why would they then say that my warranty would be invalid if I installed the generic firmware?

There isn't supposed to be branded firmware. But what if there is going to be?

Anyway, we can avoid another lengthy thread on here by y'all just watching what happens on the vodafone forum thread.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Suffolk, UK
Hello mate, read my last post on the main update thread. I got some official word from Nokia on the update. There is a problem with the distribution as opposed to the usual VF tinkering with it issue. I bought mine from VF directly with an upgrade and reflashed from 205 to 203 when issues around the first main update came through a month or so back.

Anyway, basilcally, we will all get the minor update but it will be merged with the major update at end of Feb/beginning of March.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wes79 For This Useful Post:
So you've reflashed to a non vodafone variant? I was explicitly told that this will invalidate the vodafone warranty (which is longer than the nokia one)

The Following User Says Thank You to mrmoosehead For This Useful Post:
i thought the nokia one was longer. 2 years and vodafone was a year. i will have to look this up.

The Following User Says Thank You to mackan1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mackan1 View Post
i thought the nokia one was longer. 2 years and vodafone was a year. i will have to look this up.
As far as I'm aware the vodafone one is the length of your contract and the nokia one was 1 year.

I Could Be Wrong (tm)

I hope it is. as my last phone c905 they said it was 12months.

i will look in to the nokia one as i am sure it was longer then 12 months

Vodafone is the length of your contract. Confirmed .

What's teh N900 warranty?

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Suffolk, UK
VF told me, contract length but only for VF issues! The phone they said was covered for a year. My local Nokia Repair Centre said they think the N900 is covered for 3 years directly from Nokia, so I didn't care about the break-free from VF. Plus, I even mentioned this when I last called them and they said as long as you have the latest firmware I will be 'OK'!

Originally Posted by Wes79 View Post
Hello mate, read my last post on the main update thread. I got some official word from Nokia on the update. There is a problem with the distribution as opposed to the usual VF tinkering with it issue. I bought mine from VF directly with an upgrade and reflashed from 205 to 203 when issues around the first main update came through a month or so back.

Anyway, basilcally, we will all get the minor update but it will be merged with the major update at end of Feb/beginning of March.
I did the same last night and flashed it from 205 to 203 without a hitch.. all I had ro do was reinstall some apps and reapply my font changes with a script. At least this way I don't wait for updates due to whatever issue. Did the same with my N95 not long after I got it 3 years ago.

i found this
Nokia Warranty
http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/repai...ty-information

"Twenty-four (24) months for the mobile device and twelve (12) months for accessories (whether included in the mobile device sales package or sold separately) other than the consumable parts and accessories listed in (b) and (c) below;"

I would read thoght the link and also contact your Nokia support just to make sure what warranty you have.

Last edited by mackan1; 2010-02-18 at 15:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mackan1 For This Useful Post: